Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

unseencamel

Re: Ask!

Post by unseencamel »

TheHivemind wrote: (not counting whimsical changes to character sexuality, which never showed up in the finished product).
Could you elaborate on this?
brythain

Post by brythain »

Hmmm, with various ghosts of Rika and Saki popping up in the other discussion threads, I was wondering:

Have Aura and/or Silentcook actually done outlines of Saki and Rika plot lines, and to what level of detail (whether just shooting the breeze, penning something, or is it only the character art and basic info we've already seen)?
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

No. I first found out about Rika in the blog post, same as everyone, and haven't done anything at all in that direction. April's fool is foolish. :)
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

No. They were April fools. That was a joke. They weren't a part of KS's development. As SC says, he wasn't even aware of it before the blog post was made.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

unseencamel wrote:
TheHivemind wrote: (not counting whimsical changes to character sexuality, which never showed up in the finished product).
Could you elaborate on this?
You know when you've been writing a story, and you think to yourself "yeah, I think it makes sense that this character would be bisexual," but then you also realize that there's no way to bring it up or show it without it being A Thing that would probably distract players from the story you're trying to tell, because who cares if she's bisexual (answer: some of the audience probably does, and will argue ways to show that she wasn't really bisexual, just curious, or there's no way he could be gay, because that's for some reason terrifying for a lot of dudes to consider (or in the case of poor Misha, will argue that she couldn't really be an out-and-out lesbian, because that means that I as a dude have no shot with this imaginary girl, so I will ignore what she says and call her bisexual), and go on to possibly miss the point entirely), it doesn't have really anything to do with anything?

Basically like that--the sexuality of most of the characters never really comes up--so what's the point of pulling a Dumbledore and being like "oh by the way the whole time I was writing Muto I was thinking of how he's probably gay" or something like that (FULL DISCLOSURE: I did not actually think of Muto as gay, although if you want to look hard at the way Tennant's Doctor flirts with Captain Jack and pretend that's relevant to the discussion, feel free). It adds nothing to the narrative, it's just a bullet point to put on TV Tropes--hooray, we ticked the box for "CLOSET CASE" or "FAUXMOSEXUAL" or whatever the fuck category they decide to shoehorn it in. Stuck under WORD OF GOD, because I typed it up just now on this message board.

EDIT: Jesus that came off a bit angry, didn't it? The long and short of it is that it wasn't important to the plot to outright state characters' sexuality (well, apart from Misha), so whatever I imagined while writing them isn't really important.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

So, what you're saying is that Nomiya is bisexual?

:wink:
Not Dead Yet
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Peeps, this thread is to a large degree a "WTF I don't even". :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

KlunK

Post by KlunK »

Hi, I want to add to the page of Katawa Shoujo on the italian wikipedia an "official" image that rapresent the game. Something like this one. Is there something like that? Or that one in bigger resolution?

And more important, the staff want to give the autorization to make the use on it.wiki possibile?
My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountain. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins - Memories of Dakkon Blackblade
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

[shimmie]438[/shimmie]

Big enough? :mrgreen:

We have no "official" cover art to the game, so I suppose this one could be as good as any. Or you could go look up the release blogpost. :)

Duper

Post by Duper »

Hi!, 2 quick questions.
What's the first name of Emi's dad? I saw it the other day and I've spent the last 2 days scouring the net to find it again with no luck.
What's the Japanese equivalent of "nana".

Thanks all!
Reyhan

Post by Reyhan »

How many of you guys are K-ON fans? :wink:
Emi Shizune Lilly Rin Hanako

tumblr
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Reyhan wrote:How many of you guys are K-ON fans? :wink:
I watched it, but I liken watching most anime to eating fast food: satisfying and even useful in the short term, dangerous for your health in the long term. K-ON! falls within the "most anime" bracket. So, pretty sure I don't count as a fan.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Judging from what I know of everyone's tastes, I don't think many of us have even watched K-ON, and I'm almost certain nobody is a fan. Maybe someone is a closet fan?

e: Actually I probably need a second hand's fingers to count the people who probably watched it, so it's not that unlikely.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Anime is for nerds
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »