My Thoughts on Katawa Shoujo *Mild Spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Drummodino

Re: My Thoughts on Katawa Shoujo *Mild Spoilers*

Post by Drummodino »

Thank you all for replying, it really means a lot to me. This VN and its fans truly are something special.

On Emi being ranked low, I still loved her story. Its just the others were something... A little more. Its hard to explain. Kind of regretting ranking them now, it doesn't feel right :/
"But most of all, I'll still be here because I want to see your smile. Your true smile."
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Drummodino wrote:Thank you all for replying, it really means a lot to me. This VN and its fans truly are something special.

On Emi being ranked low, I still loved her story. Its just the others were something... A little more. Its hard to explain. Kind of regretting ranking them now, it doesn't feel right :/
*nods* I have trouble with giving the stories a general ranking myself. I can rank them in specific categories, sometimes. The problem is that each of them evokes something different in me, and how I'm going to rank them on a particular day is going to vary depending on what kind of mood I'm in. They're all good enough that I'm going to go back to all of them someday, so who cares which one I might like better right this moment, right :D ?
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Drummodino wrote:Thank you all for replying, it really means a lot to me. This VN and its fans truly are something special.

Nah man everyone has their favorites. I know lot's of people love Lilly but I didn't but no one here get's mad because it's just a preference.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

MegaMoto wrote: Nah man everyone has their favorites. I know lot's of people love Lilly but I didn't but no one here get's mad because it's just a preference.
Thats one of the great thingsa about this group. I've never seen anyone being put down, or a flame war start because someone thinks "their" girl is better than someone elses.

For example, I've never understood Rin's appeal. But I know that a lot of members here love her dearly. And that's perfectly fine.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Drummodino

Post by Drummodino »

pandaphil wrote:
MegaMoto wrote: Nah man everyone has their favorites. I know lot's of people love Lilly but I didn't but no one here get's mad because it's just a preference.
Thats one of the great thingsa about this group. I've never seen anyone being put down, or a flame war start because someone thinks "their" girl is better than someone elses.

I've never seen Rin's appeal, but I accept that a lot of members here love her dearly.

I have to say these are without a doubt the nicest, most accepting forums I've ever followed. The power of KS I guess.
"But most of all, I'll still be here because I want to see your smile. Your true smile."
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Xanatos wrote: And every route has bad endings.
Really? Think again :P
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Firewind wrote:
Done. Every route has bad endings.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Xanatos wrote:
Firewind wrote:
Psst. bad doesn't equal neutral. Even if I dislike both of them :lol:
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Firewind wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Firewind wrote:Really? Think again :P
Psst. bad doesn't equal neutral. Even if I dislike both of them :lol:
Only two routes have a Neutral Ending. Hanako and Rin's.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Steinherz wrote: Only two routes have a Neutral Ending. Hanako and Rin's.
What? So Lilly's neutral ending is actually the bad one? I've always seen it as a neutral one because things don't get so "heated" as it usually gets in other girls' bad endings.
Weird Heather

Post by Weird Heather »

Since Lilly's story has two endings, I suppose that one is considered "good" and the other is considered "bad," but the "bad" ending has a neutral feel to it, and I have seen it described as such. "Good," "bad," and "neutral" are relative terms. Lilly's less-than-ideal ending is "bad" compared to her good ending, but perhaps it is "neutral" compared to the bad endings of the other girls.
Jedoisallerfairequelquechose!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Lilly has a good end and a bad end. Anyone who calls it "neutral" is wrong. >.>
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Drummodino

Post by Drummodino »

Xanatos wrote:Lilly has a good end and a bad end. Anyone who calls it "neutral" is wrong. >.>
I've seen it described as a neutral end in a lot of places, but I agree it's pretty freaking awful.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Drummodino wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Lilly has a good end and a bad end. Anyone who calls it "neutral" is wrong. >.>
I've seen it described as a neutral end in a lot of places, but I agree it's pretty freaking awful.
It's neutral for Hanako. But it's also not Hanako's story being told so that's irrelevant. In Lilly's story, for Lilly, it's bad. :lol:
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Compared to the good one yes, this one is awful(duh). But compared to the bad ones from the other girls I'd say this is more like a neutral one (I already said why). It's just your point of view to call that ending bad, just as well as I can call it neutral. I don't think my point of view can be "wrong".

Edit: Also, as long as I remember, in other girls' bad endings they were pretty much done being together for good. In Lilly's route they were still trying to be together even if the chances were close to 0, but still they didn't want the relationship to end. And also, even if I'm not sure on this one, I remember Lilly saying that they could still talk on the phone and still remain friends or something like that.
Last edited by Firewind on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:05 am, edited 3 times in total.