Just a crazy What if idea...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Just a crazy What if idea...

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:How likely is it that Hanako would have been an option if she hadn't met Lilly yet? Or if seeing Lily and Hisao together, she were reluctant to reach out afraid of being in the way.

Or Hisao would be Emi's first boyfriend.
If she hadn't met Lilly yet...Ehhh. She might still be an option but a very difficult one.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Eraser35 wrote:well their is a chance that he wouldn't end up with any of them for we know he could end up with Miki or Suzu or somebody we go on about not having a route
I'd be supportive of this.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
sennit

Post by sennit »

I'm sure all girls would be possible still. Just some of them would be alot more difficult. So maybe you have to be the first out reach to Hanako. Or have to wait out (or speed along) Emi's first relationship. Notepad and paper worked for Shizune before, and the sign language classes would still be there. Misha is still Misha no matter when you're there....so yeah. Lily doesn't live on campus yet but working at that shouldn't be too hard. I mean you could be the another driving factor for her to move on campus in the first place xD. And Rin is Rin, but I wouldn't change that anyway. Even if there are more obstacles, the girls are totally worth the extra effort :D
Lodin

Post by Lodin »

Hm, makes me wonder if Emi's first relationship with anyone is just doomed to fail.

It would be an interesting mini-arc in an 'Early-Rin' game, watching Emi's relationship with her first boyfriend implode and then helping her process what happened.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

It also hopefully improves the odds that we'd have multiple friendships start to develop through Hisao. Emi hanging out with Lilly and Hanako for example.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:It also hopefully improves the odds that we'd have multiple friendships start to develop through Hisao. Emi hanging out with Lilly and Hanako for example.
The fastest thing on no legs pairing up with the girl who has to move at a slow, methodical pace by the very nature of her condition...Could be problematic.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:It also hopefully improves the odds that we'd have multiple friendships start to develop through Hisao. Emi hanging out with Lilly and Hanako for example.
The fastest thing on no legs pairing up with the girl who has to move at a slow, methodical pace by the very nature of her condition...Could be problematic.
It could happen. Rin isn't the most athletic person either, but they hang out.

If nothing else they could all have lunch or study together, or Emi gets everyone into working out. I bet she could do wonders for Hanako's self-confidence.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
It could happen. Rin isn't the most athletic person either, but they hang out.

If nothing else they could all have lunch or study together, or Emi gets everyone into working out. I bet she could do wonders for Hanako's self-confidence.
I doubt an exercise regime would do much for Hanako's confidence. Her problems don't stem from being unfit.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I can see them start to eat lunch together more often, but I doubt they'd become close friends.

Emi and Rin are just far too different than Hanako and Lilly.

Emi and Rin are very impulsive, blunt, and up front about their disabilities while Hanako and Lilly tent to be more sensitive and quiet.
Not Dead Yet
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Interesting what-if idea. My guesses:

Emi: Hisao might have to compete with the track captain for Emi's attention, though their relationship might play out pretty much the same way it has in the game with the possible exception of Misha maybe not approaching Hisao to give a peptalk if he messes up during dinner at Emi's house.

Rin: Since Rin and Nomiya only just met, there won't be an exposition for a loooong time and Rin's route would pretty much consist of Rin being Rin and Hisao hanging out with her without really doing much.

Shizune: Hisao may either completely beat Misha in developing feelings for Shizune (if he gets closer to Shizune faster than she can and she never gets close enough to Shizune to develop a crush on her) preventing Misha from getting into that unhealthy friendship in the first place or he may end up compete with her and things go pretty much like they went in Shizune's arc...all of this with the interesting addition of Lilly being around to act as a support and maybe even a matchmaker between Hisao and Shizune.

Lilly: Things would pretty much go like the first part of Lilly's in-game arc except he'd be struggling to get Lilly to take some time off since she'd feel a responsibility to keep the house she and Akira lived in in order rather than spend a lot of time with Hisao. Hisao might eventually convince Lilly to let him come over every once in a while so he can help her take care of the house and they'd go on dates (or screw like bunnies) in the time he saved Lilly with his help.

Hanako: I don't really think there would be a Hanako arc. I imagine Hanako would barely show up for class at all and Hisao was probably there when some of the other students in class tried to befriend Hanako only for Hanako to run out on them and Hisao might not see how he could have more luck with her. I also think that without Lilly as Hanako's friend, Hisao and Hanako probably wouldn't have gotten together in the first place. The friendship with Lilly was Hanako's first baby-step towards social interaction with another human being and I think she'd definitely need the assurance that her friend can't see her at first. (being fresh out of the living hell that was middle school) Furthermore, in the game it was Lilly who allowed Hisao to spend enough time with Hanako for her to slightly open up to him. Without those lunch sessions and evening tea sessions, I don't think there'd be much chance Hisao would end up forming a close friendship with Hanako.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, Hisao might still get curious at the tea room and what it's used for. Cue the disbelief as Lily relates to him how Hanako is like during tea sessions.

"No. Freaking. Way."
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I guess its a shortcoming on my part. I just can't bring myself to imagine Hanako ending up all alone. I may be cynical but even I can't handle something that cruel.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri May 17, 2013 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

The key here seems to be whether Hanako trusts him enough to allow him to come close to her.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."