The most likely to become an emotionally abusive mother?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Well?

Hanako. The bullied becomes the bully.
18%
Emi. Years of ignoring her issues causes them to spill over in the worst possible way.
20%
Shizune. Loneliness wrecks her mental health.
31%
Lilly. She... um... resents having a wonderful life?
7%
Rin. Driven insane by loneliness and isolation.
9%
Misha. Hateful towards the child that does not belong to Shizune, that she created with someone she loves far less.
15%

Total votes: 55

pandaphil

Re: The most likely to become an emotionally abusive mother?

Post by pandaphil »

ShadeHaven wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Insofar as I can tell, we're supposed to decide which girl will abuse their kid based on zero evidence and paper-thin baseless speculations. And since we're just disregarding the actual character of the girls, well, I say Lilly will torture her children to death.
And of course, Shizune will work her poor child to deaf.
Emi will run her kids ragged.

Rin will be untouched by their plight.

Hanako will leave her kids scarred for life.

Lily will fail to see the problem.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Katie

Post by Katie »

Moral of thread: it's completely unrealistic for the KS girls to grow up to become abusive due to their bitterness and horrible childhoods... even though most abusive parents become such due to their bitterness and horrible childhoods. Okay then.
Xanatos wrote:Hanako is vindictive and spiteful?

What game did you play again?
The same game you played, Xannykins. The game with the Hanako Ikezawa who said point blank she doesn't like people. The game with the Hanako Ikezawa who's an emotionally disturbed wreck. The game with the Hanako Ikezawa who says flat-out in her bad ending that Hisao and Lilly make her so blind with rage she fantasizes about murdering them. THAT game.

pandaphil - You are amazing.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ShadeHaven wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Insofar as I can tell, we're supposed to decide which girl will abuse their kid based on zero evidence and paper-thin baseless speculations. And since we're just disregarding the actual character of the girls, well, I say Lilly will torture her children to death.
Ahhhh, I see what you did there!

Misha's kid would get diabetes from her mother's forced parfait diet.

@Katie: So because Hanako got really pissed off once, she's vindictive and spiteful? Shit, better inform...Everyone who has ever been angry and said something exaggeratedly negative...that they're actually vindictive spiteful monsters. :roll: Really, is that the justification you're sticking with here? Also note that she never says that anyway.

The moral of the thread is you can't ask which one will become abusive when there's no fucking evidence that any of them will do so. You might as well be polling us on which girl will become a coke whore.

And anyway, few of them had bad childhoods. Lilly's was fine. Emi's, fine. Rin's is never mentioned either way.

Shizune's had some communication failure but it never seems to have bothered her to the point that she'd heap abuse on her kids.

So we're left with only one. Hanako's was the only really bad childhood and it's entirely out of character for her to become abusive.

And the name is "Xanatos". Learn to read or get off the forum.
Last edited by Xanatos on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
win746

Post by win746 »

None of their childhoods (except Hanako, okay :( ) is really that bad, if their parents were abusive and their childhood ruined then they might become what you think will happen. There are worst examples of crappy adults with bad childhood and growing up.

You have a poor outlook in life.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Chaon

Post by Chaon »

pandaphil wrote: Emi will run her kids ragged.

I am gonna die of laughting now. :lol:
I like pencil. | My name is (Cha-On) this -Cha- pronounce as -Che- from Che Guevara.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Shizune's is rather high on the emotional abuse. But, she's stubborn, Jigoro is stubborn, and I think generally people shake their heads at this father-daughter pair rather than cry abuse.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Quite honestly I can see Hanako developing more of a "Its you and me against the world" relationship with her child that would tend to bond them closer together.

At worst she might instill some timidity in her own children with her "Most people are no damn good." attitude.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Katie wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Hanako is vindictive and spiteful?

What game did you play again?
The same game you played, Xannykins. The game with the Hanako Ikezawa who said point blank she doesn't like people. The game with the Hanako Ikezawa who's an emotionally disturbed wreck. The game with the Hanako Ikezawa who says flat-out in her bad ending that Hisao and Lilly make her so blind with rage she fantasizes about murdering them. THAT game.
Let me stop you right there. She never says that. I even watched the Bad End to be sure. And Hanako would be the least of the girls to be abusive. "Sure, my life was a living hell because of emotional abuse. Let's inflict that on my child."
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Chaon

Post by Chaon »

YZQ wrote:Shizune's is rather high on the emotional abuse. But, she's stubborn, Jigoro is stubborn, and I think generally people shake their heads at this father-daughter pair rather than cry abuse.
I think Shizune won't listen to her kid(s) and never told them what to do. :mrgreen:
I like pencil. | My name is (Cha-On) this -Cha- pronounce as -Che- from Che Guevara.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

pandaphil wrote:
ShadeHaven wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Emi will run her kids ragged.

Go to second 32:
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

In the Bad End, Hanako did say that she hated Lily and Hisao. But, the tearful face right before she closes the door shouts to me that she doesn't mean what she said.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
win746

Post by win746 »

This thread might just last long with the puns......
pandaphil wrote: At worst she might instill some timidity in her own children with her "Most people are no damn good." attitude.
Maybe if Hisao went and had the bad ending, she might hardly recover and became a bit bitter. Still, implying she has children means that she found someone special like if Hisao went after her, she might've resolve her problems.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Hanako never said she thought about murdering Hisao and Lilly. She shouted that she hated them, but she feels bad about it almost immediately afterwards.

The winner of this poll, who happens to be absent on the list is:

Beta Hanako, due to the fact she becomes a mother way too early AND has serious issues that make her a danger to herself and others.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

The game with the Hanako Ikezawa who says flat-out in her bad ending that Hisao and Lilly make her so blind with rage she fantasizes about murdering them. THAT game.
So you played a version of the game that you made up in your head and doesn't actually exist for anyone else.

Suddenly your posts make much more sense in that light.
Not Dead Yet
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Here we go again... :roll:

Emi - because she doesn't want people to become close to her = she'd treat her child like she treated Hisao.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)