Headphones for crud

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

toast

Re: Headphones for crud

Post by toast »

Hm. I probably do need to get some quarter inch headphones now that i have this sweet, ghetto, stereo system. Recommendations?
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

What's your budget?

Infitine: Stax Omega
God Tier: Grado GS1000i, Ultrasone Edition8, Stax 404, Sennheiser 620
A fair amount of cash: AKG K1000, Ultrasone PRO2500, AKG K270 Studio. Beyer 909, Grado SR-325is, Sennheiser HD25
I saved up my pocket money for 6 months tier: AKG K240 Studio, Beyer 606, Eytmotic ER-4S, Ultrasone HFIZ750
What's a budget?: Koss Portapro, Fostex T20, Sony CDR-3000

To be honest though, get something on your head and, if you can, leave it there for longer than 15 minutes. If you can stand that then they're probably right for you.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
kobe

Post by kobe »

Stax Omega...$3,895 headphones?! That's more than all of my gaming systems, video games, and computers combined! ultrasone pro2500...fits in my 'Saved up pocket money and did lots of business for 2 months' tier...I hereby vow that i will not give out any money for 2 months. Because I really need headphones which last longer than 2 days...I guess that's what thunderdome radio recordings do to headphones.
vaen

Post by vaen »

whenever I see these kind of hightier headphones I can't help but think you might as well duct-tape your computer boxes to your head.

entirely unrelated but how come people know where sound comes from in a 3d plane? I understand left and right with 2 ears but sound from higher and lower? how does that work? and can it be simulated with nifty headphones?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

It's to do mostly with the shape of the ear. It focuses things in a way that your brain can understand. You then learn this as you're gettign used to your senses.

Some headphones claim that they can do it, and some manage to pull it off a little. The Ultrasones and the Grados are kind of okay at creating a good soundfield, but that's never going to replace a good set of speakers. They can, of course, replace a *bad* set of speakers.

I've tried the Stax Omega once, and only once. They are quite, quite good. I'm saving my pennies now to get a set of 404's with an Amp that will drive the Omegs. One day I'm bound to win the lottery and will be able to afford a pair.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money