Thoughts on the H-scenes?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

muliebrity

Re: Thoughts on the H-scenes?

Post by muliebrity »

Xanatos wrote:...Fair point. And there was consent. :P If your girlfriend walks in and starts fucking you, you don't call it rape just because she didn't go through some mood-ruining back-and-forth to get explicit permission first. :lol: The consent is implied, and that counts. Just ask Shizune. 8)
I tried but she just made a bunch of gang signs.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

muliebrity wrote:
Xanatos wrote:...Fair point. And there was consent. :P If your girlfriend walks in and starts fucking you, you don't call it rape just because she didn't go through some mood-ruining back-and-forth to get explicit permission first. :lol: The consent is implied, and that counts. Just ask Shizune. 8)
I tried but she just made a bunch of gang signs.
...You are a delightful person. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah, I don't really buy the whole rape thing. Hisao certainly wasn't threatening, or making her afraid, and even someone as timid as Hanako is going to put up some kind of fight if she doesn't want him inside her.

Anyway, if we're going to rate the girls H-Scenes:

Still haven't played Shizune.

Hanako - Kind of upsetting in a "Get off her you horny bastard, you're hurting her!" sort of way.

Rin - Didn't feel anything to be perfectly honest. Pleasant enough, but I find her about as sexy as an eleven year old boy. Sorry Rin Kin.

Emi - Fapped a bit to the dry humping scene. Found the shed scene a little uncomfortable, but in the end it was kinda funny. He final one was just sweet. I love how she can be a sex machine one minute, then go right back to being a sweet, loveable girl the next.

Lilly - Wow, woman is a freakin goddess. The first scene was just amazing sexy but romantic. While their cuddling in the bathtub was just adorable and playful. And I was just in awe of the final scene where she fingered herself. Even if it did have an unpleasant ending.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Ah, Lily: the most probable person who can get all the girls into an onsen.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Umber wrote:Anyone else here think that Shizune's H-scenes could've been taken out of the game, and the story wouldn't have changed much? It does make her arc move a bit, but, unlike Hanako's, it didn't really feel necessary to me that she had to have sex with Hisao.
The second one is only there for the sake of being there, the first one could take place anywhere else and as long as the same thing happened it would not lose anything. I think the time we spend at Shizunes house is wasted and the only thing we gain is her sex scene and that we learn that she and Lilly is related. Both could have been don anywhere else and nothing would have been lost.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

ArcCain wrote:
Umber wrote:Anyone else here think that Shizune's H-scenes could've been taken out of the game, and the story wouldn't have changed much? It does make her arc move a bit, but, unlike Hanako's, it didn't really feel necessary to me that she had to have sex with Hisao.
The second one is only there for the sake of being there, the first one could take place anywhere else and as long as the same thing happened it would not lose anything. I think the time we spend at Shizunes house is wasted and the only thing we gain is her sex scene and that we learn that she and Lilly is related. Both could have been don anywhere else and nothing would have been lost.
I see where you're coming from, and I somewhat agree with you on that one. I'm actually glad the first scene happened at her house though. The vacation to her house also introduced her trap of a brother Hideaki and the man himself, Jigoro. The fact that the first scene took place in his own house with his daughter while he was none the wiser felt like a personal victory for me. :lol:

You've gotta appreciate the little things my friend.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

SpecimenSix wrote:I see where you're coming from, and I somewhat agree with you on that one. I'm actually glad the first scene happened at her house though. The vacation to her house also introduced her trap of a brother Hideaki and the man himself, Jigoro. The fact that the first scene took place in his own house with his daughter while he was none the wiser felt like a personal victory for me. :lol:

True, Jigoro is amazing but even he can´t make the time we wast in her arc worth it. :(
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

ArcCain wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:I see where you're coming from, and I somewhat agree with you on that one. I'm actually glad the first scene happened at her house though. The vacation to her house also introduced her trap of a brother Hideaki and the man himself, Jigoro. The fact that the first scene took place in his own house with his daughter while he was none the wiser felt like a personal victory for me. :lol:

True, Jigoro is amazing but even he can´t make the time we wast in her arc worth it. :(
I liked her arc. It wasn't my favorite but I still thought it was pretty good. And I think you underestimate the power of Jigoro. :P
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

ArcCain wrote:
Shizune's route could probably half half it's scenes cut without losing anything significant. There's a lot that doesn't happen in her route.
Not Dead Yet
Umber

Post by Umber »

Oddball wrote:
ArcCain wrote: The second one is only there for the sake of being there, the first one could take place anywhere else and as long as the same thing happened it would not lose anything. I think the time we spend at Shizunes house is wasted and the only thing we gain is her sex scene and that we learn that she and Lilly is related. Both could have been don anywhere else and nothing would have been lost.
Shizune's route could probably half half it's scenes cut without losing anything significant. There's a lot that doesn't happen in her route.
In fairness, Hisao's mostly just a bystander to Shizune's problems, albeit he does get dragged into the problematic relationship between her and Misha. And, Shizune loves him.

I guess if we saw Shizune's arc from Shizune's perspective, we could say that 'things happened.' But that's not the case, so we'll have to deal with an inefficient Hisao that doesn't do much, though he tries. I think.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:And FYI, I attempted fapping at every scene and found Hanako's only slightly fappable by turning off the text and ignoring the context of the scene.
I can agree with you there. Hanako's scene was visually sexy, but emotionally exhausting, which sort of ruins the sexy vibe for me. Also, her expressions throughout the scene show that she was uncomfortable, so I thought it felt a bit wrong.

I can say that I didn't even get a single wiggle, down there, during my play through of KS. I stayed flaccid during the entire read, and several weeks after completion. (Lost all sex-drive for a while.) There were sexy moments in the game, I just thought it wasn't appropriate to be turned on by them. It would feel... wrong, for some reason.
Umber

Post by Umber »

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:And FYI, I attempted fapping at every scene and found Hanako's only slightly fappable by turning off the text and ignoring the context of the scene.
I can agree with you there. Hanako's scene was visually sexy, but emotionally exhausting, which sort of ruins the sexy vibe for me. Also, her expressions throughout the scene show that she was uncomfortable, so I thought it felt a bit wrong.

I can say that I didn't even get a single wiggle, down there, during my play through of KS. I stayed flaccid during the entire read, and several weeks after completion. (Lost all sex-drive for a while.) There were sexy moments in the game, I just thought it wasn't appropriate to be turned on by them. It would feel... wrong, for some reason.
Xanatos calls that the 'Katawa Dick Syndrome,' and it's a fairly universal experience that applies to most people that read the KS.

IMO, the only times that make the notion of getting off on the H-scenes somewhat plausible are during Emi's arc, Shizune's second scene, and...Lilly.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Umber wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:

Xanatos calls that the 'Katawa Dick Syndrome,' and it's a fairly universal experience that applies to most people that read the KS.

IMO, the only times that make the notion of getting off on the H-scenes somewhat plausible are during Emi's arc, Shizune's second scene, and...Lilly.
I've only just recently recovered from Katawa Dick Syndrome, though still don't think it's appropriate to fap to the scenes in the game.

And I can agree with you there. My personal favorite scene was Shizune's second scene. Sex in the student council office, FUCK YEAH! Lilly's were also amazing, and Emi's were pretty good as well, despite awkward situations in the shed :lol:
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

KeiichiO wrote:I've only just recently recovered from Katawa Dick Syndrome, though still don't think it's appropriate to fap to the scenes in the game.
Come on, why not? They're people, too. I found them pretty... Interesting. But then, a loving relationship is my fetish.
And I can agree with you there. My personal favorite scene was Shizune's second scene. Sex in the student council office, FUCK YEAH! Lilly's were also amazing, and Emi's were pretty good as well, despite awkward situations in the shed :lol:
I think Emi's shed scene was unsexy, but added a lot to her character. It made her more real, I know that I've had some awkward moments with each of my past girlfriends, and that's actually what makes the presentation of sex in the story so convincing. It elevated the whole thing above mere fap material.

Personally, I thought that Emi's and Lilly's were the best, largely because they flowed into the story really well. Also Shizune's because thigh highs.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

muliebrity wrote:Come on, why not? They're people, too. I found them pretty... Interesting. But then, a loving relationship is my fetish.
They're certainly interesting, no doubt about that. I still got excited, (not like that) from the sex scenes, but they simply weren't fappable to me. Hard to explain.
Muliebrity wrote:I think Emi's shed scene was unsexy, but added a lot to her character. It made her more real, I know that I've had some awkward moments with each of my past girlfriends, and that's actually what makes the presentation of sex in the story so convincing. It elevated the whole thing above mere fap material.

Personally, I thought that Emi's and Lilly's were the best, largely because they flowed into the story really well. Also Shizune's because thigh highs.
I can totally agree 100% on that subject. God knows I've been in awkward situations with past girlfriends. Even a situation VERY SIMILAR to Emi's shed scene, but you don't need to know the details... It does make for a more real story. Situations that people can relate to make a story... more relatable...

Also, I know right?! Thigh-highs HNNNNnnnnnnGGGGG