Thoughts on the H-scenes?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: Thoughts on the H-scenes?

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:
Actually my point is Its totally spoiled the use of the word in the story. For example, I can't write a scene in a fic where Hisao thinks about how much he wants to comfort a crying Hanako without hearing imagined snickers from the reader.
Oh, well, there's that. All I can say is that it depends on context. Kind of like the "If you know what I'm talking about" scene in Rin's arc. If people don't notice, then good, but if someone starts snickering, the reader should have enough common sense to know that, while they can laugh about it, it wasn't the author's intention.

That's my two cents. Starting to get poor here, with all these PMs and whatnot.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Umber wrote:
pandaphil wrote:
Actually my point is Its totally spoiled the use of the word in the story. For example, I can't write a scene in a fic where Hisao thinks about how much he wants to comfort a crying Hanako without hearing imagined snickers from the reader.
Oh, well, there's that. All I can say is that it depends on context. Kind of like the "If you know what I'm talking about" scene in Rin's arc. If people don't notice, then good, but if someone starts snickering, the reader should have enough common sense to know that, while they can laugh about it, it wasn't the author's intention.

That's my two cents. Starting to get poor here, with all these PMs and whatnot.
^I'm agreeing with Umber on this. However Misha didn't really mean "Comfort" in any other way than "I need a fuck". Remember, Hisao has to physically push her off himself if he refuses. And again, as Umber stated, context is everything.

Also sorry for taking all your cents Umber, my bad :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Mishas scene was meant to feel weird as she is not really into men and we the player is the focus point, not Hisao.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Misha's scene was meant to be awkward in that you're cheating on your girlfriend with her best friend.

Also, it's just awkward to see Misha in any way other than happy and bubbly, at least, that's how I saw it. As much as I anticipated a Misha scene, what I got was definitely not what I was expecting.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote: Actually my point is Its totally spoiled the use of the word in the story. For example, I can't write a scene in a fic where Hisao thinks about how much he wants to comfort a crying Hanako without hearing imagined snickers from the reader.
I think a thesaurus may be in order. "Relieve", maybe?
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
neio

Post by neio »

YZQ wrote:
pandaphil wrote: Actually my point is Its totally spoiled the use of the word in the story. For example, I can't write a scene in a fic where Hisao thinks about how much he wants to comfort a crying Hanako without hearing imagined snickers from the reader.
I'd use "console"
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Umber

Post by Umber »

YZQ wrote:
You'd have to change the words around a little. I mean, it's either find something that works 'better', or make it so that the reader is just as surprised as Hisao, like if you choose to [Comfort Misha], Hisao mentally starts going, "Oh jeez, this is what she meant? Wut!" but keeps going anyways. I don't want to have to think about that remix of the scene, and how things played out in it.

Edit: No worries, Stein. Time and money well spent.
Last edited by Umber on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

I think this could have been a interesting in a Misha path, how to let go.
Attachments
Misha sad.png
Misha sad.png (356.44 KiB) Viewed 3287 times
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

ArcCain wrote:I think this could have been a interesting in a Misha path, how to let go.
That would definitely be interesting...

Also, about the picture, what is she holding? The ribbon of a Yamaku uniform? I never noticed that she was holding something when looking at that picture. Odd... Shizune's maybe?
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Mish needs help from a pro. I think Hisao should recommend her to see Nurse.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

ArcCain wrote:I think this could have been a interesting in a Misha path, how to let go.
Damnit, Yamaku must offer a girls only course in "How to Break Hearts with your Tears". *sniff*

I'd do anything if I could make her feel better.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

As a certified Misha lover, I do agree that she should see a professional. But, I also think that she should just see where life takes her. Like in Hoitash's Misha USA thingy. I want her to be happy and for her to enjoy her life. That is all.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

KeiichiO wrote:
That would definitely be interesting...

Also, about the picture, what is she holding? The ribbon of a Yamaku uniform? I never noticed that she was holding something when looking at that picture. Odd... Shizune's maybe?
Maybe, I think so. :3
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Actually my point is Its totally spoiled the use of the word in the story. For example, I can't write a scene in a fic where Hisao thinks about how much he wants to comfort a crying Hanako without hearing imagined snickers from the reader.
So it hasn't spoiled anything and it's all in your head. Sounds like a personal problem. :P
Last edited by Xanatos on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Oops, Xan's back. I'm outta here.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.