A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpecimenSix

Re: A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

Post by SpecimenSix »

Selim Bradley wrote: Hooray! Somebody got the reference!

As for having your babies, sorry but that's not biologically possible.
We'll find a way...
And of course, Code Geass has been my favorite anime of all time ever since I first watched it. Everything about it so utterly brilliant I was speechless by the end. In a way I guess you could consider it my first love. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Is that part of what attracted you to KS? It has several Code Geass cameos, though the most prominent one was taken out of the full game.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Guest Poster wrote:Is that part of what attracted you to KS? It has several Code Geass cameos, though the most prominent one was taken out of the full game.
I noticed it had some of them, like the map in Lilly's classroom being the United Federation of Nations vs Holy Brittanian Empire map. But no, that's not what drew me to Katawa Shoujo. Didn't even know they did any references until after I started playing.
Last edited by Selim Bradley on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Guest Poster wrote:Is that part of what attracted you to KS? It has several Code Geass cameos, though the most prominent one was taken out of the full game.
Funny you should mention that. I actually had no idea about any of those cameos for quite awhile actually, not until I finished almost every arc that is. I heard about it a few months back and it seemed interesting so i figured I might as well download it and if nothing else kill some time. Living in college and only having class 2 days a week tends to leave quite a bit of time on my hands.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Well, her loud persona is a mask of sorts. She'll definitely quiet down, but if she hams it up, her laugh will still be awesome.
Thing is, her laugh isn't a mask. Her real persona is quiet and soft-spoken but the laugh is as loud and cheerful as ever. "H-Hi...My n-name is Misha...WAHAHAHA~!"
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Aye. Just let the laugh out once in a while. We can miss it.

Also, I dig CG season 1. Season 2 was....strange.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Dream

Post by Dream »

I don't believe Hanako, Emi or Lilly would change much. Hanako's conflicts stem more from past events and general cynicism and bitterness towards life than any physical effect of her scars, and the lack of burns wouldn't change the fact she's an orphan who has gone throught things no one should. Emi has a similar reason for not being too affected at the change, plus the fact that she has mostly adapted to her lack of legs (in fact i think she's among the best, if not the best, to adapt to her disability among the student body) So having her legs back would probably not change much, and make things slightly worse in fact. Lilly (still haven't played her route) would probably be deeply moved at the possibility of seeing, but i just can't imagine that the new sense would change her perspective of the world too much.

With Rin, i think people are underestimating how much she would use arms. While she can perfectly paint with her feet, she does comment in Act 1 that it can be rather tiresome and painful unless on a special position, and that she can't do big areas or negative space as well as armed people. Plus while she is extremely adept with her feet, a foot is simply not a hand, so getting arms would open up many possibilities for her.

Shizune, whose route i still haven't played, i thought she would be glad to not be deaf-mute anymore. But apparently it seems that deaf people have a strong connection to their deafness, so it's possible that she would reject things like the cochlear implant anyways.

Hisao's life would change almost completely, althought not necessarily for the better aside from the increased chance of death. Kenji's life would also change almost completely, most certainly for the better. However, i imagine Kenji would be severely distraught over all the crazy stuff he did in the feminist war, he would probably get rather deppressed and try to help the student body in any way he can.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I really think Emi could do so much more good in her present condition. I can see her growing up to be a huge inspiration to disabled kids. And maybe getting into the physical therapy kids. Helping them motivate themselves to recover just as fast a she did.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Dream wrote:I don't believe Hanako, Emi or Lilly would change much. Hanako's conflicts stem more from past events and general cynicism and bitterness towards life than any physical effect of her scars, and the lack of burns wouldn't change the fact she's an orphan who has gone throught things no one should. Emi has a similar reason for not being too affected at the change, plus the fact that she has mostly adapted to her lack of legs (in fact i think she's among the best, if not the best, to adapt to her disability among the student body) So having her legs back would probably not change much, and make things slightly worse in fact. Lilly (still haven't played her route) would probably be deeply moved at the possibility of seeing, but i just can't imagine that the new sense would change her perspective of the world too much.

With Rin, i think people are underestimating how much she would use arms. While she can perfectly paint with her feet, she does comment in Act 1 that it can be rather tiresome and painful unless on a special position, and that she can't do big areas or negative space as well as armed people. Plus while she is extremely adept with her feet, a foot is simply not a hand, so getting arms would open up many possibilities for her.

Shizune, whose route i still haven't played, i thought she would be glad to not be deaf-mute anymore. But apparently it seems that deaf people have a strong connection to their deafness, so it's possible that she would reject things like the cochlear implant anyways.

Hisao's life would change almost completely, althought not necessarily for the better aside from the increased chance of death. Kenji's life would also change almost completely, most certainly for the better. However, i imagine Kenji would be severely distraught over all the crazy stuff he did in the feminist war, he would probably get rather deppressed and try to help the student body in any way he can.
For Hanako, she'll likely be even more cynical as she sees the majority who judge her based on her looks. It depends whether she used this cynicism to boost her own confidence, or to manipulate people because she knows that she can, with her new looks.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Dream

Post by Dream »

YZQ wrote:For Hanako, she'll likely be even more cynical as she sees the majority who judge her based on her looks. It depends whether she used this cynicism to boost her own confidence, or to manipulate people because she knows that she can, with her new looks.
Kinda off topic but how much of that kind of people are actually at Yamaku? It's true that Lilly says Hisao's naive when he says he thought everyone was very open and accepting, but there is no doubt that Yamaku is a very different and higher place than the larger world. Of course there's always the non-trivial possibility that Hanako just errouneously interprets some people's actions or behaviors toward her as self-interested, but that's a completely different thing.

But yeah it very much depends on how she takes the whole "I'm pretty now" matter. I think it would be rather 50/50, even with Lilly and Hisao's support. Then again, her taking it in the negative way can lead to her becoming the awesome Phantom Hanako in your fic, which is something i can totally get behind of :lol:
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:
For Hanako, she'll likely be even more cynical as she sees the majority who judge her based on her looks. It depends whether she used this cynicism to boost her own confidence, or to manipulate people because she knows that she can, with her new looks.
That I think will depend on how good a support group she has. If Hisao and Lilly are still around to offer her comfort and love, I can see her growing in confidence and becoming a good person. If however she were to lose them, say if Lilly went to Scotland and Hisao chose another girl, I can see her going over to the dark side, using her looks to manipulate others to get what she needs. Tearing them down to build up her own confidence.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Conisdering that both Hisao and Shzune are in her class, if Hanako decides to go the way of the bitch, the two will have some arguments with her. Especially Shizune.

Karnewarrior

Post by Karnewarrior »

YZQ wrote:Conisdering that both Hisao and Shzune are in her class, if Hanako decides to go the way of the bitch, the two will have some arguments with her. Especially Shizune.
"You know Hanako, I used to like you."

"You know Shizune, you still grunt like a fucking caveman."

IF Hanako goes Queen Bitch see needs to take it all the way.
Not Mine:
A Perfectly Normal High School - Transit eros, philia est sempiternum
Puella Magi Adfligo Systema - "incubators math discard math pets fuzzys Asunaro caw caw"
Mine:
Ikusaba Quest [DR/???] - "In one moment, Earth; in the next, Hell." ~ Queen Sonia Nevermind, on the First Tragedy
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Karnewarrior wrote:
YZQ wrote: IF Hanako goes Queen Bitch see needs to take it all the way.
Just turn her into bacon again. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Umber

Post by Umber »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Karnewarrior wrote:
YZQ wrote: IF Hanako goes Queen Bitch see needs to take it all the way.
Just turn her into bacon again. :lol:
HNNNNG.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.