Who's your favorite and least favorite character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KeiichiO

Re: Who's your favorite and least favorite character?

Post by KeiichiO »

Nobody in Particular wrote:It was the exact opposite for me. I thought Rin was being somewhat reasonable and that Hisao was being an ass throughout the majority of the route.
I finished Rin's route last night, and I kinda changed my mind. It's still not my favorite route, but it's the most unique route of them all. It's incredibly hard to describe, just like most things about Rin, but I liked how it ended. It was a pain all the way through, but it was also a nice experience.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Tough to choose a favorite, since I get warm feelings whenever I think of Hanako, Lilly, or Emi.

Least favorite has to be Kenji. Shut up and go away you lunatic. You're taking up valuable time I could be spending with one of the girls listed above.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Alex699 wrote:Mine is Hanako...it feels to be picked on and nervous around other people.As for least favorite, I'd have to say Nomiya...not doubt great...
Great choice. The first time I played, I was uneasy about Hanako. I knew there was going to be sex scenes, so imagining a girl with horrible scaring having sex with you just made me cringe a bit. (Her scars didn't bothered me at all when I got to the sex scene. The emotions did)
Then, I fell in love with her. (Not literally. No waifu's for me!) I've always loved shy girls. It makes trying to have a relationship with them a challenge. I love it! And don't get me started on my purple hair fetish :lol:

As for Nomiya, I thought he was a pretty cool guy for most of Rin's route, then I realized he was a fucking asshole. Anyone who can make Rin cry is a living Satan. I wanted to kill him after that little outburst.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

KeiichiO wrote: As for Nomiya, I thought he was a pretty cool guy for most of Rin's route, then I realized he was a fucking asshole. Anyone who can make Rin cry is a living Satan.
So, you hate Hisao as well?
Not Dead Yet
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Oddball wrote:
KeiichiO wrote: As for Nomiya, I thought he was a pretty cool guy for most of Rin's route, then I realized he was a fucking asshole. Anyone who can make Rin cry is a living Satan.
Well, yeah. I've kinda always hated Hisao. He's just so god damn stupid!

Nah, I don't hate him, I just think he makes really REALLY bad choices at times. (Most of the time...). There's been many instances where I wish I could punch him in the face.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

KeiichiO wrote:
Oddball wrote:

Nah, I don't hate him, I just think he makes really REALLY bad choices at times. (Most of the time...). There's been many instances where I wish I could punch him in the face.
I just think he thinks too much. His inner monologues give me headaches at times.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

KeiichiO wrote:
Oddball wrote:

And Rin starving herself to do an exhibit she didn't really want to do was a good idea?
Not Dead Yet
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Oddball wrote:And Rin starving herself to do an exhibit she didn't really want to do was a good idea?
No.

It was obvious that Rin didn't feel comfortable doing the exhibit and Hisao pushing her into it was a horrible idea. One of the many instances that I wish I could punch him in the face :P
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

KeiichiO wrote:
Oddball wrote:And Rin starving herself to do an exhibit she didn't really want to do was a good idea?
No.

It was obvious that Rin didn't feel comfortable doing the exhibit and Hisao pushing her into it was a horrible idea. One of the many instances that I wish I could punch him in the face :P
Ah. i gotcha. You played the version of the game where Rin has no free will and can't disagree with anything Hisao says. Then it has Hisao forcing her to keep working with no food or sleep.

That's also the version where Hisao rapes Hanako, isn't it?
Not Dead Yet
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Oddball wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
No.

Ah. i gotcha. You played the version of the game where Rin has no free will and can't disagree with anything Hisao says. Then it has Hisao forcing her to keep working with no food or sleep.

That's also the version where Hisao rapes Hanako, isn't it?
Wait, WHAT?! I wouldn't say rape... she wanted him to do it, but didn't feel comfortable. Also, I wouldn't say Rin was starved either. Hisao brings a shit ton of oranges for her.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

He was being sarcastic. His point is basically that there is no point at which Hisao controls the girls' actions. They maintain the final say about their own life at all times. (there have been a lot of debates by people who thought Hisao's intercourse with Hanako was rape...it wasn't but it took some people really long to get that)

Also, there was a time Hisao was bringing Rin oranges and there was a time where Rin told Hisao to just stay away and during that time she was definitely starving herself.

Finally, maybe it's just me but I didn't think giving the exposition at least a try was a bad idea. Nobody (including Rin herself) could have predicted how it'd turn out and it WAS a big chance for Rin, who has no idea regarding what she wanted to do with her life after school. What went wrong was the fact nobody realized how badly Rin handled the artistic pressure until it was too late.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Basically, the exhibition showed Rin that she cannot be a commercial artist. Makes you wonder what happened on the other routes, as I remember in at least one other route where she is seen worrying about the exhibition.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

YZQ wrote:Basically, the exhibition showed Rin that she cannot be a commercial artist. Makes you wonder what happened on the other routes, as I remember in at least one other route where she is seen worrying about the exhibition.
Without Hisao to prod her along from a position of...well...maybe not friendship, but at least acquaintance, she probably would've let the opportunity slide, Sae would've lost interest and...life would go on.

Which would definitely be for the worse. It's better to try something and find out you don't really want that than to let the opportunity just slip through your fingers and not know for sure. Even if she got another opportunity like it later, and she was actually talked into it by her teacher or whoever, it might not have been someone like Hisao who was at least also there to talk to her from a moreso equal position. And that would've probably wound up as worse than what happens on her path...unless of course you took and agree with Rin's Neutral ending heh.

Well, so much for my favorite character (Rin) and my least favorite? Hrmm...real hard. One obvious answer already presents itself, considering my already stated favourite, but let's try not to pick an adult, shall we? Miki. Yes, she's friendly and nice, but the last scene you get with her once you start going down Hanako's good ending pretty much explains why I don't think much of her.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Remind us what that scene is. Is it the "screw maths" one?

Loonie

Post by Loonie »

YZQ wrote:Remind us what that scene is. Is it the "screw maths" one?
Yeah I think so. It's pretty subtle tbh and I can understand why most wouldn't get it what ticks me off about her in that scene, but it is that one.