Emi's story and its brilliance

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ShazzBott

Emi's story and its brilliance

Post by ShazzBott »

My first KS story was Emi and even know we had nothing in common in her story I fell for her. Her story is an emotional, but (if you get the good ending) trip. Here is the nest I can explain it. You know a story is good when even after it finishes well and clear you still want it to go on and find out if they did stay together. Yes I am somewhat new to KS, but if there was any doubt that I didn't love KS, it disappeared after her story line.
My motivation- Rin seizing the day, carefree, absent-minded, yet driven.
StudyOfWumbology

Re: Emi's story and its brilliance

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

I too got Emi for my first route. Her route was pretty damn emotional and I seriously enjoyed the it for most of the reasons people hated it.Hate me because I am different. </3
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:I too got Emi for my first route. Her route was pretty damn emotional and I seriously enjoyed the it for most of the reasons people hated it.Hate me because I am different. </3
The beef Hisao has with Emi is that she refused to tell him the core reason why she is unhappy. He know it's not her disability, but something else. He knows that at times, she is forcing herself to smile. He wants to know why.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Even though shes been somewhat overshadowed by Hanako and Lilly, I still have a special place in my heart for Emi. Shes just so adorably cute and sweet. Its hard not to love her, and feel good for her when shes finally able to unburden herself.

Just like the other girls, you just want to be there for her.

Her moms pretty cool too.
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Everything I want to say has already been said, and everything that I would add, I've said in the past.
Emi's story is wonderful regardless.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:Even though shes been somewhat overshadowed by Hanako and Lilly, I still have a special place in my heart for Emi. Shes just so adorably cute and sweet. Its hard not to love her, and feel good for her when shes finally able to unburden herself.

Just like the other girls, you just want to be there for her.

Her moms pretty cool too.
She's the only mum that we see. Lily's is in Scotland, Rin's is... somewhere.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Whats amazign is how small and vulnerable she looks. Even though shes probably the strongest girl in the story.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Emi's route was the first one I got too. Even though Rin is my absolute favorite, Emi holds a special place in my heart. I really conncected to her. And, unpopular opinion, I like her better than Hanako.
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:Whats amazign is how small and vulnerable she looks. Even though shes probably the strongest girl in the story.
In some ways, she is, before Hisao questioned that, along with everything. Hisao reminded her that there are other good things in life, and those are worth keeping close. Leaving the past behind doesn't mean that she forgets her departed love ones. A special place in her heart, yes, and the world has more to offer.

And I dig OP's avatar of spec-less Shizune.

Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

Emi's route was my first one too. I wasn't entirely sure which one I wanted to do first, though I eventually decided on Emi. Turns out by then I had already locked myself into her route without me knowing, but hey, if it works. Considering that this was my first exposure to the VN's famed excellent storylines, Emi's route stuck with me especially well. Aside from a particular aspect of the story that I, like many others, felt could have been written better, I think it handled everything else exceptionally well, and from a more subjective standpoint I'd still rank it as highly as Hanako, Lilly, and Rin's routes (haven't finished Shizune's yet lol).
Last edited by Caden Tiksaril on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Sgt Spice wrote:I really conncected to her. And, unpopular opinion, I like her better than Hanako.

RAAAARRR! BURN THE INFIDEL!

;)

It's all good. Its not a poularity costest between the girls here. I'd say most everyone who's read KS would agree that all the girls are beautiful and amazing, and to some extent they all represent something in any person who's ever felt lonely, lost, or insecure. But for some of us, one girl always seems to strike a slightly deeper chord. For me, thats Hanako. But I'll always love Emi as well.
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

pandaphil wrote:
Sgt Spice wrote:I really conncected to her. And, unpopular opinion, I like her better than Hanako.

RAAAARRR! BURN THE INFIDEL!

;)

It's all good. Its not a poularity costest here. I'd say most everyone whos read KS would agree that all the girls are beautiful and amazing, and to some extent they all represent something in any person who's ever felt lonely, lost, or insecure. But for some of us, one girl always seems to strike a slightly deeper chord.
Maybe it's due to the circumstances of my school, but Emi seems to be the school favorite since she, out of all the girls, seems to have adapted best to what has befallen her. To quote Howard Wayne, this "We fall to learn how to pick ourselves up" attitude the game presents appeals to many of the students here (a disability school loves a game about a disability school, who knew), and Emi is the one who best represents that. Me though, my favorite will always be Hanako because even though she's fictional, I know I'm not alone in what I went through and by helping her deal with it hopefully I can help me deal with it too.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

As I said before, a drinking session in the dorm after a sports meet: Do want.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ShazzBott wrote:Her story is an emotional, but (if you get the good ending) trip.
Her story is an emotional, but (if you get the good ending) trip.

Her story is an emotional, but trip.

Her story is an emotional butt trip.

Anal.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Xanatos wrote: Her story is an emotional, but (if you get the good ending) trip.

Her story is an emotional, but trip.

Her story is an emotional butt trip.

Anal.
WE HAVE AWOKEN THE ALMIGHTY XANATOS! EVERYONE HIDE AND COWER! Oh and also, huehuehue.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.