Who's your favorite and least favorite character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KeiichiO

Re: Who's your favorite and least favorite character?

Post by KeiichiO »

Okay, as I progress through Rin's route, I am getting more and more annoyed of her. I'm not going to make any final judgements until I finish it, but It's really infuriating me the way she's treating Hisao. I almost want to say that I hate her, but I really don't. And again, I don't know the full story so I don't know her intentions. Still, I can't see what Hisao sees in her.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I still don't understand why Miki was necessary at all.
I seem to recall the devs saying something like, they needed someone for him to just have a casual talk with in Hanako's route and none of the other girls quite fit the role.
Not Dead Yet
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Oddball wrote:
I still don't understand why Miki was necessary at all.
I seem to recall the devs saying something like, they needed someone for him to just have a casual talk with in Hanako's route and none of the other girls quite fit the role.
I think since she's a runner, she'd fit a lot more in Emi's route rather than Hanako's route. I feel she was out of place.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:Okay, as I progress through Rin's route, I am getting more and more annoyed of her. I'm not going to make any final judgements until I finish it, but It's really infuriating me the way she's treating Hisao. I almost want to say that I hate her, but I really don't. And again, I don't know the full story so I don't know her intentions. Still, I can't see what Hisao sees in her.
What's wrong with how she's treating Hisao? He's a friend so she's friendly.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:Okay, as I progress through Rin's route, I am getting more and more annoyed of her. I'm not going to make any final judgements until I finish it, but It's really infuriating me the way she's treating Hisao. I almost want to say that I hate her, but I really don't. And again, I don't know the full story so I don't know her intentions. Still, I can't see what Hisao sees in her.
Well again, I feel really wrong judging her before finishing the route, but she doesn't even attempt to connect with Hisao. As a friend, or more than a friend. She's probably going through a lot, but the distance she keeps with Hisao is quite annoying. It's as if they are complete strangers.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Well again, I feel really wrong judging her before finishing the route, but she doesn't even attempt to connect with Hisao. As a friend, or more than a friend. She's probably going through a lot, but the distance she keeps with Hisao is quite annoying. It's as if they are complete strangers.
They are strangers exactly because they don't connect - Rin doesn't connect with Hisao and Hisao also doesn't connect with Rin. But it's not for lack of trying on either side. She hangs out with him. That's her being a friend. Semi-spoiler: As for real connecting, well...Rin has issues with that. It's actually a big part of her conflict. But you'll learn all about that... :twisted:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I guess I'm mainly puzzled as to why he spends most of the story tagging along after her like a stray puppy when they have almost nothing in common, and she barely acknowledges his presence most of the time. Maybe Hisao is a bit of a stalker.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

pandaphil wrote:I guess I'm mainly puzzled as to why he spends most of the story tagging along after her like a stray puppy when they have almost nothing in common, and she barely acknowledged his presence most of the time. Maybe Hisao is a bit of a stalker.
I wouldn't be surprised. He does like to watch her sleep.
Umber

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:I guess I'm mainly puzzled as to why he spends most of the story tagging along after her like a stray puppy when they have almost nothing in common, and she barely acknowledged his presence most of the time. Maybe Hisao is a bit of a stalker.
It's not like Rin's one to need someone or something and show that need normally. It's like when Emi and Hisao and the window and...yeah. Or when Rin and the night and Hisao broke his promise and...yeah. But Hisao being more of a creeper than Kenji is an interesting thought.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

pandaphil wrote:I guess I'm mainly puzzled as to why he spends most of the story tagging along after her like a stray puppy when they have almost nothing in common, and she barely acknowledges his presence most of the time. Maybe Hisao is a bit of a stalker.
It's not like he's stalking her or anything, they're friends. Even though they don't share much in common, they both enjoy each other's presence and want to be with each other. Rin doesn't really have any friends except for Hisao and Emi, and you don't really see much of Emi in her route. The same is true for Hisao in Rin's route, even though they don't have much common ground, they are really all each other has in terms of friendship.
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:I guess I'm mainly puzzled as to why he spends most of the story tagging along after her like a stray puppy when they have almost nothing in common, and she barely acknowledges his presence most of the time. Maybe Hisao is a bit of a stalker.
Because he likes her company and vice-versa. Not hard to figure out. :P

@HarvestmanMan: :twisted:
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

My favorite has to be Hanako for managing to pull a human emotion out of my flinty black heart.

The character i'd like to garotte with his own testicles is Kenji.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I guess I'm mainly puzzled as to why he spends most of the story tagging along after her like a stray puppy when they have almost nothing in common, and she barely acknowledges his presence most of the time. Maybe Hisao is a bit of a stalker.
Keep in mind, at the start of the game, Hisao basically is like a lost little puppy. He doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing, how he's supposed to be acting, he has no friends, and just went through a major life changing experience.

Regardless of which route you take, Hisao latches onto somebody to help give him direction.

Rin's a bit of a bad choice to follow. Just because he's willing to follow,doesn't mean she knows how to lead.

Hisao seems to start hanging around her a firs simply because he just doesn't have anything else to do and can't bring himself to care or commit to anything. Rin seems to share some of these traits, so they hang out.
Not Dead Yet
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

It was the exact opposite for me. I thought Rin was being somewhat reasonable and that Hisao was being an ass throughout the majority of the route.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Hisao is an ass and Rin is... Rin. :P

Nomiya is a fat ass. :P
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)