The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: Hopefully im not the only one with this feel....

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:Live, don't exist.
But if we don't exist, how can we live?
We live in our dreams, of course.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Arry The Orphan Boy

Re: Need Advice from Post KS feels

Post by Arry The Orphan Boy »

Start running to clear the mind.
Xanatos

Re: Depressed

Post by Xanatos »

misterprinny wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Emi would kick your ass if she read your comments.
With her running blades. Ouch.

I'd imagine she'd comically tip over if she tried to kick anyone.
I'd probably tip her over often...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
win746

Post by win746 »

Sorry to dig up the post again, but after trying some activities, it got better. But I have this feeling to replay, should I replay or leave it alone?
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

win746 wrote:Sorry to dig up the post again, but after trying some activities, it got better. But I have this feeling to replay, should I replay or leave it alone?
Go and do the other three routes. Getting the bad ends is also recommended.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

win746 wrote:Sorry to dig up the post again, but after trying some activities, it got better. But I have this feeling to replay, should I replay or leave it alone?
If you think you're up for it, by all means give it a shot.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I went through the same thing. When a story came to a (good) end, I felt happy, yet depressed at the same time. Nothing has made me feel like this in my entire life. I think that's a little sad since I've had several relatives die, and I didn't shed a single tear. A romantic/erotic visual novel makes my stomach not up and cry manly tears. It's really a beautiful feeling, but can be depressing. Katawa Shoujo is a lot stronger and more powerful than I ever imagined.

Now, to get these feelings off my mind so I can be productive is a little hard. I usually do something I like, or watch something very light-hearted and funny. I draw a lot which doesn't get the feeling off my mind since my drawing style is anime; just reminds me of the game. I watch funny TV shows or Youtube videos, such as the Katawa Shoujo instafeals!!

Yeah, I kinda have a one track mind.
Coleman

Post by Coleman »

Xanatos wrote:What he said. Also, there are tons of fanfiction and threads around here. The VN thread is full of VNs equal to or (allegedly) surpassing KS.
I didn't see anything in the VN topic that I hadn't already played, and I still feel like KS is better than all of them. Seeing relationships done realistically while avoiding all of the common terrible VN traps is difficult to top.

I'm somewhat afraid of the fanfiction forum. I'm not sure why but I can't scrub getting caught in a terrible fanfic from my brain. The chance at finding gems isn't worth it for me, I'd need a trustworthy guide.
Preferences: 1-Lilly 2-Emi 3-Hanako 4-Rin 5-Shizune
Play Order: 1-Hanako 2-Shizune 3-Emi 4-Lilly 5-Rin
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Coleman wrote: I didn't see anything in the VN topic that I hadn't already played, and I still feel like KS is better than all of them. Seeing relationships done realistically while avoiding all of the common terrible VN traps is difficult to top.
I'm curious as to how many VNs you have played, because there are literally hundreds that have been recommended in that thread. Not all VNs focus around romance and relationships either.
KeiichiO wrote:
That Emi face always bugged me. Why would you use the same face for lewd thoughts and being pissed off?
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Nobody in Particular wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
That Emi face always bugged me. Why would you use the same face for lewd thoughts and being pissed off?
I like the several faces Emi made. Most of them are adorable, but that one is kinda hard to make out. Most of the time it means she's horny for some Hisao, but it could also mean you pissed her off. Either way, it's absolutely priceless!
kelper

Just wondering..

Post by kelper »

Hey.. this is my first post in the forum!

So, Ive started playing this game (although, I kinda see it more like a book than a game). Ive just finished Rin's path and now Im starting Emi's.

And, this is weird, Its the first time it happens to me with a game, but, does it happen to you that when you start a new path, you feel like you are kinda "cheating" on the character you played with before?
Its strange, I sort of feel guilty when I see Rin on Emi's path hahah, and the game just drags you kicking and screaming to go through all the girls. Ive considered just leaving the game and let the story be about how Hisao falls for Rin, but maybe Ill lose of things like that.. though, this is kinda ruining the experience of playing Emi's path.

Anyway, what an excelent game. Im sad that there will be no second part, the characters are so good, I want the story to keep going.
KeiichiO

Re: Just wondering..

Post by KeiichiO »

I absolutely feel the same way. It's really silly when you think about it. But I'm sure it's normal for this kind of game/novel.

I started with Emi. I loved her character so much. She was so nice, bubbly and adorable. I really grew to her and didn't really notice that after a while of playing, her route seemed like to come to an early end. I felt satisfied. But then I moved on to Lilly's route. I grew to Lilly as well, but whenever Emi would make an appearance, I'd kinda get a strange feeling. it's not like Hisao is actually cheating, but I still get this feeling that I want to abandon the route I'm working on right now, and go right back to Emi's.

I got over this feeling after playing more.
kelper

Post by kelper »

Oh, so maybe its common and I should keep playing.

Its really strange though, I think it has to do with (at least with Rin), how the character sort of changes a good deal at the end of her path, compared to her act 1 self. The character Hisao doesnt know that Rin is not as carefree and ausent minded as she looks, but more like, terribly depressed without expressing it, but the player knows that, and its a punch in the gut having the character act like nothing is wrong, not help her.

Well, I guess feeling guilty is my own damn fault for taking them as if they were real people, and not just a game hahah.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

kelper wrote:Oh, so maybe its common and I should keep playing.

Its really strange though, I think it has to do with (at least with Rin), how the character sort of changes a good deal at the end of her path, compared to her act 1 self. The character Hisao doesnt know that Rin is not as carefree and ausent minded as she looks, but more like, terribly depressed without expressing it, but the player knows that, and its a punch in the gut having the character act like nothing is wrong, not help her.

Well, I guess feeling guilty is my own damn fault for taking them as if they were real people, and not just a game hahah.
Well, you have a case of the KS feels. It's a powerful infection that's hard to get rid of, and although the game seems to continually rip your heart out of your chest, you are still drawn in by it's presence of being peacefully placed as a shortcut on your desktop.

Seriously, this game is strong. Throughout playing the game, I've felt like punching Hisao in the face so many times for not making the right decisions sooner. Kinda makes me think of this video. Warning: minor spoilers to Lilly's route.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

kelper wrote:Hey.. this is my first post in the forum!
Completely ridiculous but common. Keep playing.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."