Deepest/Most Emotional/Thought Provoking Scene

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SemisoftCheese

Re: Deepest/Most Emotional/Thought Provoking Scene

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Koi wrote:Surprisingly, the most thought provoking scenes for me are from Shizune's route.
Firstly the scene where Kenji removes his glasses and it plays "Friendship" on the background. For the first time I felt he was more than just a nuisance.
Secondly, the scene where Misha confesses her love for Shizune.
Huh, Shizune. For some reason I never saw any appeal in Shizune, even though I played her route and got the good ending.

Misha is the better of the two.
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

SemisoftCheese wrote:
Koi wrote:Surprisingly, the most thought provoking scenes for me are from Shizune's route.
Firstly the scene where Kenji removes his glasses and it plays "Friendship" on the background. For the first time I felt he was more than just a nuisance.
Secondly, the scene where Misha confesses her love for Shizune.
Huh, Shizune. For some reason I never saw any appeal in Shizune, even though I played her route and got the good ending.

Misha is the better of the two.
I never really felt attached to Shizune either. The biggest event her her arc iswhen you find out her best friend loves her (Misha), so really she doesn't actually have to do a whole lot.
Hanako>>>Lilly>>>Emi>>>Shizune>>>Rin

Did someone say Chrono Trigger?

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I think Hanako's outburst at the end of her 'good' ending really gave me a lot to think about.

A long time ago I was very close to a girl ago, who was sweet and gentle, but she came from a dysfunctional home and was quite stunted socially. I was hoping to develop a romantic relationship, but we never really got past the "You're like a brother to me" stage. I worry now if maybe my treating too much like someone who needed looking after may have been the wrong approach, and that's why we never connected. We still e-mail each other once in awhile, but that's as far as it'll ever go.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.