Another time, Another space (Iwanako-coma)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Guts

Another time, Another space (Iwanako-coma)

Post by Guts »

Author's notes: So this is going to be a story (Not really a pseudo route, as Hisao plays small part in the grand scheme of it) based on this http://mikeinel.deviantart.com/art/It-W ... -343188852

I can't say much right now, as I am writing this prologue dead tired, just to get started and get some of it down on paper. I'm going to play around with some writing and somewhere along the way it should hopefully shape into a powerful and compelling story. Hopefully.

Obviously this is going to be written in a semi-in, semi-out of canon state, so ignore my little liberties. We all know the story, so I'm sure there will be nitpicks occasionally. But you'll also find some amusing parallels.

----------------------------------

Prologue

It all started so innocent, with a simple confession. In that snowy field, she had called him out. It was a fast leap in courage for her. Well, sort of. She'd known him for quite some time now, from when they were placed in the same class in freshman year. Sitting beside each other, it was no surprise they spoke. Though he seemed a bit drab, he had a certain charm. And slowly, but surely, that charm had taken root and grown in her, into an infatuation. Alas though, she found no certain signs that he returned her feelings. In fact, he showed very little to either direction, he seemed lackadaisical in all he did. He would join the boys for sports if asked, but wouldn't seek them out. He just went with the flow.

When she realised this, she made her plan to ask him out. And day after day, she shied away, unable to muster the courage to be so bold. And then, on new years, she steeled her resolve. She made it her new years resolution to break through and confess.

And there they were, in winter's chill, almost a full year past. It was only on the cusp of another new year that she finally broke that barrier. A true testament to how big a feat this was, it had taken almost a year to manage it.

And in some cruel twist of fate, her confession had destroyed him physically.

The wail of the ambulance sirens, the heated voices of the paramedics, her own hysterical screaming as the tears streamed down her face.

It all painted a sickening picture.

She had murdered the boy she loved.

Notes: Not sure if I'm entirely happy with this. Will decide later and possibly rewrite. All critique, criticism and opinions welcome! No tears now, only sleep.
Comrade

Re: Another time, Another space (Iwanako-coma)

Post by Comrade »

Not sure what to think, it is really short but interesting, is this going to fOllow iwanako?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Interesting. I'm looking forward for more.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Guts

Post by Guts »

Day 1: Ground zero

Hisao was dead. That's what they told her. He was clinically dead on the table for 7 minutes. They pulled him back from death, with miracles of medical science and hours and hours of intense surgery. A heart arrhythmia. That's the term they used to describe what he had been struck with. An irregular heartbeat, a defect. He wasn't just broken, he wasn't right to start with. They told her, and the grief stricken parents, that there was no cure, only ways to mediate and make sure he lived as long as possible.

She cried.

She cried almost unendingly. Waiting for news, waiting to see him, being forced to explain to the parents what had happened, and finally, waiting by his bedside. She didn't want to look, but she felt like she deserved to see it. Hisao was strung to so many machines, tubes and wires all over, some poking into his skin. His eyes had large bags under them, his skin pale and his face gaunt. He looked absolutely awful, and the ping of his heartbeat monitor was simultaneously a reminder that he was still with them, and a haunting tune to remind her of the situation. They said he'd wake up at any time in the next few days, that the worst of it was over.

She was terrified. How could she possibly face him? It had been hard enough to face the parents. She had squeaked out the story, watching their faces twist in horror. It was easily the most humiliating thing she'd ever experienced. And when she finished, she expected them to completely tear her apart. Yet, they didn't. The doctor had explained to everyone that it could have happened at any time, that it was almost a miracle it had gone unnoticed for such a long time. Still, how could they NOT blame her? She was the catalyst. If she hadn't shocked him so, perhaps it would never have surfaced.

It may not have made sense, but the guilt would not leave her. It's weight was crushing her, exhausting her. She had to live with it. No matter what, at the end of the day, the image was burned into her mind, she saw it under her eyelids. A silent movie, the words freezing in the air. Hisao's shocked look, a sparkle in his eye, perhaps he was happy. Then, the look of shock. Like he'd been struck by lightning, his face twisting, his eyes dilating, and finally, his body collapsing. That terrified, pained expression. That was what her love had caused.

His parents went home when visiting hours came to a close. They had told the doctors to treat her as family, a feat which earned her unending gratitude, a grace she didn't deserve. And when they came by to tell her visiting hours had ended, she vehemently refused to leave. Amidst tears, she declared her intention to stay until he woke.

The nurse, a strange man with an odd sense of humor, grinned to himself and agreed. He brought her a blanket and pillow, and wished her luck, before sauntering off.

And so, in the darkness, it was just the two of them, and the endless beat of the heart monitor.

Her eyelids grew heavy like lead, but she steeled her resolve. It was a pain she deserved, she would endure. The day had been hectic, to say the least. A storm of doctors, nurses, medication, everything you could imagine. He was humpty dumpty, and all the kings men were trying to put him back together again. But she wondered. How could he be the same? Could anyone truly just bounce back from such a thing?

Hisao hadn't even been explained his own situation. When he awoke, he'd be disoriented, confused, afraid. How would he react to learning about how his life had crumbled? She hated it. She hated that it was happening to him. This was the stuff you see in movies, on the news, not things that happen to boys you like! It was unfair, it was painful. And no matter how much it hurt her, she knew it was him who mattered most. He was the one broken, the one suffering.

And that's why she couldn't sleep. She HAD to help ease the pain she caused.

And so, she watched. She looked on, at the harrowing sight of her boy.

Slowly, her head lowered, her forehead and eyes burying in the gown on his arm, and she cried.

"I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry," her body heaved with sobs, but she kept her voice in check. The last thing she needed was more people knowing she was crying. Darkness fell over her, and she lost consciousness.

-------------------------------------

She woke to a rustling, causing her a start, she leaned back, blinking to try and clear her vision. A dim glow leaked in from the windows, granting her vision of the boy in front of her moving around. His eyes slowly opened, exhaustion still plain on him. His pupils drifted to her, emotion unclear on him. His mouth tried to force words to emerge, but he found great difficulty in this. After several short attempts, his raspy voice escaped;

"I...Iwanako?..."

He tried to raise a hand, but failed. His strength had no yet returned to him. She was in disbelief, drinking it in. He was alive, he was here. She latched onto his hand, pulling it up to herself gently, using it to hide her eyes. Weakly, she broke into tears again. She was so happy. He was alive!

"Hisao I'm sorry! Everything is all my fault," The sobs overtook her, but a gentle smile crossed his face. His head slowly turned to face her, and he began to speak. Each word was slowly, laboured. He was putting a great effort into this.

"I like you too, I'd be happy to be your boyfriend," He cracked a goofy, tired smile. She was dumbfounded. Amidst everything, he was still back in that field. He had been fighting for his life, and his first words to her were an answer to her confession. Her eyes welled up. She was trying really, really hard to hold it in, But alas, it was not so. The dam broke, a small uuuuu escaping from her mouth before she was once more racked with sobs. She wrapped herself around him, crying into his chest. His arms crept up to her back, a far away smile on his face. His eyes drooped closed;

"I just.... need some rest. I'm so tired..." She pulled back, nodding vigorously.

"Of course, you need your rest..." She clutched his hand as he began to doze. He had fallen asleep so quickly. She smiled to herself. Maybe everything would be okay, even in spite of all this. Things would be different, for sure, but she could help him. She could support him. And in spite of the guilt that weighed on her, perhaps she could help make things right. She was so excited. She couldn't wait to talk to him. She wanted to blabber his ear off, talk about everything. She wanted to be the one to explain all the crazy things that had transpired. She wanted to tell him about how she'd fought off a nurse so she could be the first to see him wake. She couldn't wait.

Only this time, no matter how much she waited, he just wouldn't wake up.

Authors notes: Yes, this story is going to follow Iwanako. I'm still not quite sure I'm happy with it, but I'm trying to get some ideas down now, and get it started. Hope you guys enjoy it, and like always, feel free to leave feedback, good or bad!
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I have a weired idea about what happend to hisao during his Coma.
well, the first chapter is nuch better then the proluge, short, but good.
An American, 2014
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

In fact, he showed very little to either direction
Is that supposed to mean something like "It was hard to tell either way"?

Agree, the first chapter is defnitely better than the prologue.
I'm a bit surprised HIsao already woke up. Let's see what you have in store for us next...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

didn't he say in the end that he didn't woke up anymore?
An American, 2014