First playthrough

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lumayoshi

First playthrough

Post by Lumayoshi »

Well, it only took my 11 hours but it seems that I'm done with my first playthrough. Not sure if I'm supposed to be proud but I got the good Lilly ending, or atlast I think I did so I'm pretty happy considering it was the ending I hoped to achieve. Made this post cos I'm curious what your first playthroughs were like, what ending did you get and all that good stuff.
Also congratulations four leaf studios for making such an awsome game!
Enemy |

Re: First playthrough

Post by Enemy | »

Stumbled on Emi just like many other first-timers, and got her good-good ending (you can screw up and later fix it in her route)
I wasn't really "choosing" any path.
yummines

Post by yummines »

got Rin's good ending, mainly because i was trying to go for Hanako but screwed up in the library. without any options left i went with Rin..

still my favorite route by far
Jack of H3arts

Post by Jack of H3arts »

Ugh. Maybe this isn't great for a first post, as I'd hate to come off as a complete idiot, but on my first playthrough I got crunk and fucking died. I know, I know, it seems like something you'd have to try to be doing, but I guess I was outsmarted. Outsmarted by Katawa fuckmothering Shoujo. In my defense, I was really overthinking the decisions, always playing it safe and assuming things were a lot more complicated than they actually were. I learned my lesson.
"We live in our fantasies and endure our realities."-Robert Anton Wilson
Jack Christensen, aka "Jack of H3arts": noun 1. A lonely college student 2. A content cynic 3. Yet another Rin fanboy.

Rin>Akira>Lily>Shizune>Hanako>Emi
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

When I played the demo, I got Hanako, but my first real playthrough was Lilly's good ending. :)
Lilly is still my favorite. I completed Act 1 the day the DLL came out, February 2nd. Acts 2-4 were done the next day, or night if you want to be precise, around 3 AM February 4th. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

First playthrough I got Shizune, good end. Then took Hanako's route, but got the FEELS when Shizune showed up so I replayed Shizune's route again. Tried the bad ending, ends up cursing at Hisao for quite a bit for being an exemplary douche.

Took me another week to actually continue KS. By that time, I've drafted a number of short-fics and analyzed more than what I'm supposed to when reading Heart of Darkness. After all that, I reclaimed my life and continue with the rest of the routes--with Lilly's being the last, giving me a laugh I cannot describe by the time the airport and ending scene comes in
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Enceladeans

Post by Enceladeans »

Got Emi's good ending on my first playthrough.

It seems like Emi is the most common "first route."
yummines

Post by yummines »

Enceladeans wrote:Got Emi's good ending on my first playthrough.

It seems like Emi is the most common "first route."
its probably because if you choose the "run harder" option in Act 1, you're pretty much locked into Emi's route unless you got lots of Shizune stuff
Jack of H3arts

Post by Jack of H3arts »

Megumeru wrote:After all that, I reclaimed my life and continue with the rest of the routes--with Lilly's being the last, giving me a laugh I cannot describe by the time the airport and ending scene comes in
Yes, that end was a little silly, wasn't it? I liked it, though.
"We live in our fantasies and endure our realities."-Robert Anton Wilson
Jack Christensen, aka "Jack of H3arts": noun 1. A lonely college student 2. A content cynic 3. Yet another Rin fanboy.

Rin>Akira>Lily>Shizune>Hanako>Emi
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Enemy | wrote:Stumbled on Emi just like many other first-timers, and got her good-good ending (you can screw up and later fix it in her route)
I wasn't really "choosing" any path.
^^
This -- Playing blind and got the good-good ending.

I almost stopped at that point but I eventually decided to do 100%. I almost wished that I hadn't (Emi's bad ending was brutal) but it was worth it to get everyone's good ending of everyone else.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Went for Hanako, got Emi. Bad end.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Jack of H3arts wrote: Yes, that end was a little silly, wasn't it? I liked it, though.
It's good, I like it too. But it's so farfetch and Disney-fairytale-ish that it made me laugh so hard from thinking how it could all possibly a figment of Hisao's imagination before he kick the bucket at the airport or him being a time traveler. :lol:

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Kyvos

Post by Kyvos »

I got Lilly's good end on my first try, too. I'd say it's quite an accomplishment, since it's the least likely ending in the whole game if you make random choices the whole way through. Also, Emi is such a common first path because it's the most likely path to end up on with random choices, other than the Kenji ending.
Megumeru wrote:It's good, I like it too. But it's so farfetch and Disney-fairytale-ish that it made me laugh so hard from thinking how it could all possibly a figment of Hisao's imagination before he kick the bucket at the airport or him being a time traveler. :lol:
It wasn't too silly. By the way, how's your fan fiction where Hisao is haunted by Shizune's ghost coming along? :twisted:
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
100% get!
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Kyvos wrote: It wasn't too silly. By the way, how's your fan fiction where Hisao is haunted by Shizune's ghost coming along? :twisted:
It's coming along nicely, though writing is rather slow since it clashes with my studies.

Of course, it isn't as imaginative as having a ghost haunting you here and there, but it's still similarly fairytale-like with the taxi, distant, time, convenient heart attack, the all-too-convenient conclusion to Lilly's problem, etc. just to name a few.

So canonicaly(in my mind), I pass Hisao as the deceased/departed by the time he collapsed in the airport and the rest are just figments of his imagination. :twisted:

SHII-HAEL!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

So canonicaly(in my mind), I pass Hisao as the deceased/departed by the time he collapsed in the airport and the rest are just figments of his imagination.
Yeah, but I think that has less to do with how the route's written and more to do with you being a cynical little so-and-so that hates Lilly. You just don't want there to be a good ending for them. :P
Not Dead Yet