Katawa Shoujo and Sobriety

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kolokol1

Re: Katawa Shoujo and Sobriety

Post by kolokol1 »

Pyramid Head wrote:Do you mind if i asked how your habit started up? Typically methadone is prescribed for chronic pain since it's effects last longer than natural opiates but it's also used to help opiate addicts by giving them a less harmful drug that is in theory (It's still a pain in the ass from what i hear) easier to stop using. Anyway if you do want to quit i'd actually suggest you join a support group, like i said stopping any opiate habit is a massive pain in the ass, and it really does make a difference if you can get help from people who know what it's like.
It all started when I was 17 and my friend gave me some vicodin. It made me feel the best I had ever felt before however the high seemed too short for my taste so I eventually moved to tramadol when I found someone who was selling it and I liked it a lot but the effects seemed a bit to weak so when I transferred to UH I found someone who sold methadone which is both very long lasting and has very strong effects and I've stuck with that ever since.
I'm bad at words
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

kolokol1 wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:Do you mind if i asked how your habit started up? Typically methadone is prescribed for chronic pain since it's effects last longer than natural opiates but it's also used to help opiate addicts by giving them a less harmful drug that is in theory (It's still a pain in the ass from what i hear) easier to stop using. Anyway if you do want to quit i'd actually suggest you join a support group, like i said stopping any opiate habit is a massive pain in the ass, and it really does make a difference if you can get help from people who know what it's like.
It all started when I was 17 and my friend gave me some vicodin. It made me feel the best I had ever felt before however the high seemed too short for my taste so I eventually moved to tramadol when I found someone who was selling it and I liked it a lot but the effects seemed a bit to weak so when I transferred to UH I found someone who sold methadone which is both very long lasting and has very strong effects and I've stuck with that ever since.
Better to cut the habit then. Synthetic or not, it's still an opiate and if the doses aren't properly controlled it can be dangerous. Not to mention the fact that i doubt you're getting your hands on it cheap. Like i said, it might help to find a support group for opiate addicts, it's easier to quit when you've got support.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
kolokol1

Post by kolokol1 »

To all the people saying that I should get help: I think you might be right.
The thing is I have no idea what to do. I still live with my family and they don't know that I have a drug problem. It would be very hard to explain why I would have to go away for a few weeks. Another problem is that I don't have any money so I don't think I can even afford to get help. I don't want to go to NA because I think it is a bit over kill and I don't like it forcing me to submit to a higher power (I doubt Lilly would count as one) does anyone know what I can do?
I'm bad at words
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

kolokol1 wrote:To all the people saying that I should get help: I think you might be right.
The thing is I have no idea what to do. I still live with my family and they don't know that I have a drug problem. It would be very hard to explain why I would have to go away for a few weeks. Another problem is that I don't have any money so I don't think I can even afford to get help. I don't want to go to NA because I think it is a bit over kill and I don't like it forcing me to submit to a higher power (I doubt Lilly would count as one) does anyone know what I can do?
Any AA-type thing is out of the question (because of idiotic guidelines like that). And why not just tell them? Dependency on family is better than dependency on drugs.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

kolokol1 wrote:To all the people saying that I should get help: I think you might be right.
There are support groups outside of the "God is the answer" ones, but i never had to look for one so i wouldn't know how easy or hard they are to find, i doubt just doing a Google search would help. I don't know your parents so i don't know how they would react, i can guess it is a mild problem based on the specific drug and that's why your parents didn't notice or i could think of uglier scenarios. Either way, something that might help is checking in with a friendly doctor or an old counselor, just say you're planning on quitting but need help and i'm sure they would be able to point you in the right direction. As for your parents, i honestly have to defer to your judgment since some parents take something like that well, others don't.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
kolokol1

Post by kolokol1 »

i can guess it is a mild problem based on the specific drug and that's why your parents didn't notice or i could think of uglier scenarios
From what I've heard methadone is pretty serious business. My family (mainly my mom) has always suspected that I was on drugs but I'm high functioning enough that she doesn't really pursue it that much which is why I don't think I have the heart to tell her that most of my positive changes have been because I have been abusing drugs.
I'm bad at words