Played Hanako and Lilly routes. Some questions for you guys.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest Poster

Re: Played Hanako and Lilly routes. Some questions for you g

Post by Guest Poster »

Hm. Not everyone has the self-confidence to challenge something like that. She decided to go, for whatever reasons she considered valid, and she didn't want to confide in him about it. From my perspective, that's not exactly giving him a signal that he's important enough to change her mind. Quite the opposite, actually. Someone in that position may think that pressuring the other person is only going to make things worse, especially if they don't have confidence.
The fact Hisao didn't have the confidence to call Lilly on that while she had the confidence to steer him into the right direction all the time when she believed it necessary already pretty much says it all regarding the dynamic of their relationship. After Hisao realizes this and Lilly visits him in the hospital, she comes up with exactly the same line and this time Hisao is capable of giving her the nudge necessary to make her think about her own hapiness.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

If it was me, though, I'd probably think it was too selfish of me to suggest her to stay. Even if I got that hint, which I most probably wouldn't. Bad ending for me. :(
Xanatos wrote:
ShinigamiKenji wrote:We can be all prinnies, there's always a bunch of them anyway. :lol:
Most people don't understand that question...I ask it anytime penguins are mentioned within earshot. xD
"A wild National Geographic documentary about penguins appeared!!"
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

ShinigamiKenji wrote: "A wild National Geographic documentary about penguins appeared!!"
"Quick Remote, Use Channel Change!"
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
Susite

Post by Susite »

Hanako's route was sweet and short, well-written and well-edited. It suits the medium exceptionally well. There are plenty of supporting characters and they are skillfully used.

On the other hand, Lilly's story arc just dropped the ball. First it foreshadows Lilly leaving Japan (her aspirations in teaching English, trip to Inverness) but then her family just suddenly has a complete change in heart. Lilly has been left in Japan for six fucking years so she could have her education there. Now, as Akira joins the family in Inverness Lilly should return to Scotland, too. Just before her final year in high school. After a year she spent in a boarding school dormitory on her own, not depending on Akira (except as a steady source of booze). Yeah. Right. :roll:

A much more interesting twist would have Lilly deciding to leave Japan. Let's say she has a major cat fight with Hanako or that the prospect of spending all her vacations with her beloved cousin and charming uncle is just too much. Lilly decides that Inverness it is. However, her family or at least her father would much more prefer her to stay for her final year and Akira makes an effort to clandestinely recruit Hisao to further family's cause. Only our young lawyer overdoes it and nice guy Hisao decides to back up Lilly's decision, what ever that is. He ends up reassuring Lilly that an LDR would work just fine. In the happy end, Hisao does his desperate run and convinces Lilly to stay. (In a bad ending, Hisao succumbs to the bribes offered by Akira and tries to convince Lilly to stay but she gets a whiff of a rat.)

Perhaps it would help if Lilly was given a different ambition from being an English teacher. Something that she could not pursue in Scotland. Or that language teacher thing would be her father's idea, something easy for a blind girl. Now it is time for some Advanced Highers and prep courses for St. Andrews. Lilly herself would rather be a marine biologist or sushi chef.