Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Xanatos »

Camoufrage wrote:@Walrusfella
Then drink it for me would ya? Don't want to waste scotch after all? ;) Well I'm much older than 8 or 9 so I have better idea of how to deal with this situation, but I'm pretty much stumped at this point nonetheless.

So if I do tell the wife I should probably wait till after the baby? So she doesn't loose the will to live during the process or something like that?
That can actually happen? I always figured that was just melodramatic garbage for the TV.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Xanatos wrote:
Then drink it for me would ya? Don't want to waste scotch after all? ;) Well I'm much older than 8 or 9 so I have better idea of how to deal with this situation, but I'm pretty much stumped at this point nonetheless.

So if I do tell the wife I should probably wait till after the baby? So she doesn't loose the will to live during the process or something like that?
That can actually happen? I always figured that was just melodramatic garbage for the TV.
I have no idea. That's why I'm asking.

I'm compressing the files and emailing to myself right now. Shaking while I do so. So disturbing that I'm doing this, while my dad sits across the room. Zipping a file has never taken so long.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Try thinking about how much worse it could be. She could get pregnant again. The more ties they form, the more painful it'll be when they're ripped apart. If he does this regularly, with no discretion and no remorse for his actions, then she's bound to find out eventually. If you decide to tell her, try to ensure that she remains a part of everyone's life, because clearly she's important to all of you (Barring your father.)

I can't even begin to claim that I have an informed view of your predicament, but that's the way I see it. I have extreme difficulty telling lies, and it'd be hard for me to walk away from something like this without saying anything, and even harder for me to live it down.

That being said, do what you think it right, not what some anon tells you. (No matter how persuasive (Or intelligent (Or dashingly handsome)) he me happens to be.)
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

That's dandy... the ZIP file of pictures exceeds the file size limit. I guess I haven't seen half of it.

The .zip file is 2.6 gigs. THE FUCKING ZIP FILE
Last edited by Camoufrage on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Camoufrage wrote:That's dandy... the ZIP file if pictures exceeds the file size limit. I guess I haven't seen half of it.
Yikes...This guy deserves a visit from Lorena Bobbit. Seriously.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Xanatos wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:That's dandy... the ZIP file if pictures exceeds the file size limit. I guess I haven't seen half of it.
Yeah its too much for me. I can't stand this shit. Ended up just sending myself the ones that prove its him. 2.6 gig .zip how the hell? I can't do this shit
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Camoufrage wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Yeah its too much for me. I can't stand this shit. Ended up just sending myself the ones that prove its him. 2.6 gig .zip how the hell? I can't do this shit
...I've zipped movies that ended up less...

I don't know your family but they've got to deserve better than this dude.

Ya got my sympathy.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Xanatos wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
...I've zipped movies that ended up less...

I don't know your family but they've got to deserve better than this dude.

Ya got my sympathy.
I know they do, that's why the plan is to expose him and let the fallout do the rest.
gragon

Post by gragon »

Camoufrage wrote:First time actually asking for advise from this thread since I first got on here but I definitely am in a tight spot I can't necessarily tell anyone IRL about till I know for sure what I'm going to do about this predicament I'm in.
Well my advice: if you dont want to talk to him directly just sent him an email. even if you are at his house.

and well what i found out about telling lies they usualy get worse. i really dont know how i can help thats the only advice i can give. man... your dad...

well if you need anyone to talk to im there for ya.

about my situation
well. i talked stuff out with my dad and he took it pretty good. and i started halucinating again last night mainly because i couldnt keep my toughts from running towards the horror stories i had read yesterday. last time i read any horror storys and play a horror game right after that before i go to sleep.
''Bear with the pain,but dont admit to it either'' ''climb the tree of problems and eat the apple of succes''
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

@Camoufrage drop the bomb and let karma handle the rest, I've seen it happen before and it is glorious
gragon

Post by gragon »

Eraser35 wrote:@Camoufrage drop the bomb and let karma handle the rest, I've seen it happen before and it is glorious
thats one way to do it. but you cant effect whats going to happen afterwards. so its seems like a bad idea, to me atleast
''Bear with the pain,but dont admit to it either'' ''climb the tree of problems and eat the apple of succes''
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

gragon wrote:
Eraser35 wrote:@Camoufrage drop the bomb and let karma handle the rest, I've seen it happen before and it is glorious
thats one way to do it. but you cant effect whats going to happen afterwards. so its seems like a bad idea, to me atleast
You can affect what happens easily enough. You just can't control it entirely.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Xanatos wrote:
gragon wrote:
You can affect what happens easily enough. You just can't control it entirely.
Really in every possible scenario it isn't going to be pretty and I'm not going to be able to control the engagement. Its just gonna happen and whatever comes next is a mystery
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

I haven't been in this topic in a while. Been playing the second Dissidia game until I fucked up the backlight ribbon or fuse or something trying to fix the shitty UMD door in my PSP. (Sadly, I almost had it - everything was working perfectly after I initially did the deed, but I forgot to close two connector tabs for the UMD drive, had to open it back up and fix that before it would work... and then the backlight went out, so now it's like trying to play an original Game Boy Advance at 2 AM by starlight...)

Xii -
I know it's some days since you talked about it, but I can't even say that you're in the wrong here. Any idiot could have told her parents that being confrontational assholes about their daughter's death wasn't going to go anywhere. It's one thing to blame someone emotionally - that's something you can't really help or control. And if something triggered one of them them to break down at the ceremony or something, that would be... understandable, at least. Logical reasoning takes a back seat to emotional finger-pointing during times of stress.
Two of them cornering you in a grocery store years after the death and days after any event related to it, well, no. That's them trying to blame you logically, without a reason to.
They blamed you for an event that they should have known you carry close to your chest, that they should have realized you carry survivor's guilt over. So to deliberately come after you without provocation shows a complete lack of thought or empathy on their part.
I'd say that your written apology is the right response. I would still say that they have more to apologize for than you, but that lets them know that the window is open for them to do so. They may never be fully able to get over having some emotional blame for you, but for god's sake, if they can't figure out how to separate that from the logical side of their brain by now, then they need to go see a therapist already, because I'd have to assume they're not. Everybody needs help figuring out their own head once in a while, or else it'll take them a long time to do it on their own. If at all. Coming after you, after all this time, shows that they need that.

Camo -
@Camoufrage drop the bomb and let karma handle the rest, I've seen it happen before and it is glorious
I'd have to come closest to agreeing with this.

Get them mailed to his new wife would be the first thing I'd say to do.

Would I do that? No, probably not; I can't stand to be involved with people when they are going to crash and burn. I have tried, but it's emotionally draining, I get involved against my will when arguments come up (could come in the form of being pulled into the argument, or just having my name dropped in some way to indicate blame or support), and honestly, fuck it, it's someone else's shortcomings and I am so fucking goddamn sick of people that can't be bothered to act like decent fucking human beings.

What I would personally do is probably to send them (or talk about them) to his first wife, your mom, and ask for advice and support. She's been through this shit before and even if she and the new wife have mutual hatred (which I understand is not uncommon), she would probably still have more hatred for her ex, and a newfound wave of sympathy for the new wife, that would - hopefully - allow her to be able to treat this situation better than you can.
Going on a completely gut feeling here, if I were in the new wife's shoes, I'd rather have someone who had been through that sort of stuff before - someone I can sympathize with - inform me than I would have the kid of the man responsible do it, especially if you're not close to her.

Failing that, perhaps try discussing it with other members of your family. You mentioned your sister before, too. Send her a questioning message treating it as a hypothetical at first? If you handle it with some delicacy, it (hopefully) won't come out of the blue to her as such a huge, sudden blow. And even if it does, while it may further sour her opinion of her father, it might help that it's another member of the family who's saying "no, this is wrong". I don't know your gender, which might be a little important here too. If you're a guy blowing the whistle on a stereotypically-male thing to do (ugh) it might help her opinion of guys in general not break into pieces, for example. (Another example of emotional thought beating logical. I know my opinion of women in general took a major hit after being betrayed, but I knew it for what it was and dealt with it. It... "helped"... that I had trust betrayed by a male friend just a short month later... So now I hate/fear/mistrust most of humanity on some level, instead of just one group of it.)
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Camoufrage wrote:Really in every possible scenario it isn't going to be pretty and I'm not going to be able to control the engagement. Its just gonna happen and whatever comes next is a mystery
Absolutely. Like I said, control isn't so easy. But the fact that you're there at all means you can have some effect on how things turn out, whether as support when things go bad, a voice of reason when the shit hits the fan, or otherwise. Good luck with it.