Hm...Forum! I need guidance!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Hm...Forum! I need guidance!

Post by Xanatos »

I've recently taken up clay sculpting as a hobby. I can't draw to save my life so I opted to try this instead, based on my unsated need for a creative outlet and my past (and occasionally present) tendencies to mold taffy and tootsie rolls into sugary works of sticky art...They work better than playdoh, sue me. And polymer clay in turn works better than taffy so...It just sort of clicked.

I'm currently not quite skilled enough ("I AM NOT WORTHY!") to take on Katawa Shoujo but I plan to soon after I finish my current project (a steam-powered giraffe). I just can't decide what to do first. I'd like to sculpt Emi, with or without her wheelchair...Hanako would be a good option too, if a bit difficult for a novice. Any ideas? Any characters or poses you lot think would work well?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Thespian

Re: Hm...Forum! I need guidance!

Post by Thespian »

Xanatos wrote:a steam-powered giraffe
Wait, what? I would love to see that!

Can't really help you though, I've never sculpted anything beyond a poor elephant which ended up looking like a mouse...
So to me, anything from KS seems nigh impossible to sculpt. I'm thinking Kenji with nothing on but a leaf (shower scene) would be a funny sculpture.
I can so see you working on sculpting those anti-feminist buttocks to perfecticity, can't you? :P
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Thespian wrote:
Xanatos wrote:a steam-powered giraffe
Wait, what? I would love to see that!

Can't really help you though, I've never sculpted anything beyond a poor elephant which ended up looking like a mouse...
So to me, anything from KS seems nigh impossible to sculpt. I'm thinking Kenji with nothing on but a leaf (shower scene) would be a funny sculpture.
I can so see you working on sculpting those anti-feminist buttocks to perfecticity, can't you? :P
Steam Powered Giraffe gave me the idea. :P Click this.

The thing I keep wondering about that scene: Was the leaf just censorship or was Kenji actually wearing a leaf? He's batshit enough to do that. It'd be a conversation starter if nothing else to have that sculpture around...Oh! Idea! I could sculpt Emi with detachable prosthetics. :D

Or maybe the infamous track team captain complete with little bottle of lemon lube... :P

That picture of Rin in the Gallery would be a good thing to sculpt too...It wouldn't be nearly as cute if she had hands to hold that paintbrush...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

I was thinking of suggesting David Tennant... uuuh, I mean Mutou. I think he might be an easier start due to the fact that he's always wearing that coat so he'd have less details to bother with.

Also I have the odd hunch that a Yuko sculpture would turn out great. Or Jigoro. With his sword. Riding a bear.

What I think would be a bad idea is sculpting a girl in the school uniform, they seem to have a lot of details
Image Gluehuffers, all of you.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

RecoiL wrote:I was thinking of suggesting David Tennant... uuuh, I mean Mutou. I think he might be an easier start due to the fact that he's always wearing that coat so he'd have less details to bother with.

Also I have the odd hunch that a Yuko sculpture would turn out great. Or Jigoro. With his sword. Riding a bear.

What I think would be a bad idea is sculpting a girl in the school uniform, they seem to have a lot of details
If I do Mutou, I'm sculpting him in mid-facepalm and posing Misha yelling and waving at him. Yuuko...Hm...(Imagine Yuuko's reaction to being the subject of a sculpture). A lot of details isn't a huge deal. It'll just take more time.
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

You seem pretty confident in your abilities... When did you start with this hobby?

Seriously though. Jigoro riding a bear needs to be a thing. Consider it.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

RecoiL wrote:You seem pretty confident in your abilities... When did you start with this hobby?

Seriously though. Jigoro riding a bear needs to be a thing. Consider it.
Not long ago. I used to use it as escapism but...I don't think I have to do that anymore.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

A Bear? Fuck no. Jigoro riding a tank is the way to go.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
yummines

Post by yummines »

a steam powered giraffe sounds way more fucking cooler than a KS character. go with that first and perfect that shit.

as for poses, i would do Emi "anal" pose
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yummines wrote:a steam powered giraffe sounds way more fucking cooler than a KS character. go with that first and perfect that shit.

as for poses, i would do Emi "anal" pose
WAHAHAHA~! The anal pose, dear god...Best idea ever.

And steam-powered giraffes are awesome. The band too. :mrgreen:
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Miki, made out of chocolate tootsie roll. Delicious.

Taffy Hanako, Tootsie roll Hisao, holding hands.

Kenji's bedroom fort.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

Curious as to how this is turning out... You working on one of these ideas?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

RecoiL wrote:Curious as to how this is turning out... You working on one of these ideas?
I'm working on a few but progress is very slow for a number of reasons, mainly that I have a stack of video games continuously calling me and I'm procrastinating in general. Plus my insistence on adding swappable parts to clay sculptures means any project takes extra work...But it's doable. I tested it out extensively before starting any KS stuff.

Current planned works:

- Emi in wheelchair, with removable running blades and leg prosthetics. (Started)

- Kenji in the buff with a leaf over his junk. (As suggested by...Hell, some sicko. XD May be scrapped in favor of Yuuko because AWWW, SHE'S ADORABLE!)

- Rin with a bored(I think) look on her face. (Also, debating making the bottom part of the sleeves removable and adding MECH ARMS! :mrgreen:)

What the hell am I doing trying to turn sculptures into freakin' toys? Good question. Whatever the answer, it's fun. XD The same old sculptures get boring. I like to switch up my room decorations a bit. :P Plus it saves work and clay, not having to make entire new sculptures just to alter minor details like "What legs should Emi wear?". Some are regular works though, like Rin's pending my final decision on the mech arms. :lol:
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

Xanatos wrote:
RecoiL wrote:Curious as to how this is turning out... You working on one of these ideas?
I'm working on a few but progress is very slow for a number of reasons, mainly that I have a stack of video games continuously calling me and I'm procrastinating in general. Plus my insistence on adding swappable parts to clay sculptures means any project takes extra work...But it's doable. I tested it out extensively before starting any KS stuff.

Current planned works:

- Emi in wheelchair, with removable running blades and leg prosthetics. (Started)

- Kenji in the buff with a leaf over his junk. (As suggested by...Hell, some sicko. XD May be scrapped in favor of Yuuko because AWWW, SHE'S ADORABLE!)

- Rin with a bored(I think) look on her face. (Also, debating making the bottom part of the sleeves removable and adding MECH ARMS! :mrgreen:)

What the hell am I doing trying to turn sculptures into freakin' toys? Good question. Whatever the answer, it's fun. XD The same old sculptures get boring. I like to switch up my room decorations a bit. :P Plus it saves work and clay, not having to make entire new sculptures just to alter minor details like "What legs should Emi wear?". Some are regular works though, like Rin's pending my final decision on the mech arms. :lol:
I'll be throwing money at the screen when you finish. Another nice idea would be a Misha laughing. Dem Drills :P
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ShinigamiKenji wrote:I'll be throwing money at the screen when you finish. Another nice idea would be a Misha laughing. Dem Drills :P
I'm not sure the license would allow me to sell them, though the possibility of seeking such an arrangement has occurred to me. And of course, Misha will have to eventually be sculpted...Because she's Misha. :lol: