Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Hello. I've finished playing the game now. Thank you for the wonderful experience.
Here are some questions I feel compelled to ask about the production of this fascinating game.

In Emi's route, if you 'misstep' while visiting her house, is there a reason she grins sadistically? This one frame seems out of place while the rest of the game seems to interlock perfectly. It's almost like you wanted to use a different frame of Emi gritting her teeth and didn't have one - is this the case?

In Rin's route, is there any way to avoid blowing up in anger at Rin? Or is it simply destined to happen?

Is it possible to die from your heart condition at any time in the game? I understand it is possible to fall off a roof.

Are there any scenes in this game which are not listed as in the game until you discover them? I could have sworn I had seen all of Act 1 - and then, I stumbled across new scenes in it. I mean specifically 'Nc5xb3'. Are there other secrets?

How can you view the credits without clearing a route?

Does Rin shave, or is it natural? And if she does, HOW?

Why does Misha not play Risk? Risk with only 2 players is very boring.
You could find out the answer to most of these questions by just playing the game, but here we go:
1. Too lazy dig up the exact cue, it can be a visualization error or just in your head. Dunno.
2. There's no way to avoid Hisao getting angry at Rin
3. It's not possible for Hisao to die due to his condition in KS
4. There are no secret scenes. Nc5xb3 is not a secret scene.
5. You can't view the credits outside of reaching an ending
6. I'll leave that up to your imagination
7. Misha does play, but she's terrible.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

PewPewK wrote:Maybe not the best place to ask, but I'll give it a shot. According to the Kickstarter page for the art book, it says that after the convention and all online orders are taken into account that you'll sell the remaining books online. Now that AX is over, any indication on how many books are left and when they might go on sale? I really wanna get my hands on one. Where would I best look out for news regarding this?
Looks like unfortunately you're out of luck. Almost the entire print run was sold, so there's not enough books to bother setting up sales stuff for.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Here's a question that's probably been asked, and probably been answered, and is probably buried somewhere in the giant stack of information associated with Katawa Shoujo.

Where in Japan is Yamaku supposed to be exactly? What region, I mean.

I'm sure it was said somewhere, maybe even in the VN itself, but my brain is betraying me.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Helbereth wrote:Here's a question that's probably been asked, and probably been answered, and is probably buried somewhere in the giant stack of information associated with Katawa Shoujo.

Where in Japan is Yamaku supposed to be exactly? What region, I mean.

I'm sure it was said somewhere, maybe even in the VN itself, but my brain is betraying me.
Northern half of Honshu
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

OK, here's a more specific question.

When does the Yamaku 3-day break actually happen? Trying to establish a timeline has been making me crazy.

I'd also like to know when exactly they celebrate Tanabata. I looked it up and there's a range of days it could fall on depending on region and local customs.
random

Post by random »

Speaking of Tanabata, how come only Shizune's route had it?
Out-All Knight

Post by Out-All Knight »

How's your standing with your game's fans?

Post by Guest »

Is discussion regarding the leaked Alpha script on /vg/ allowed here?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

random wrote:Speaking of Tanabata, how come only Shizune's route had it?
The rest of us didn't want to write about it or couldn't fit it in.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Is discussion regarding the leaked Alpha script on /vg/ allowed here?
No
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Out-All Knight wrote:How's your standing with your game's fans?
As you can see from the linked post, I think fans are both great and weird.
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

how tempted were you guys to allude to the "gimme the chocolate, hisao!" joke?
It only hurts when I breathe
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

On a scale from 1 to 10? Probably in the negatives.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but this forum has a huge number of posts and while i could derive entertainment from reading old ones, my modem makes some dial up connections look fast and isn't exactly reliable, so i'll just come out with it and hope it goes through:

How long have Lilly and Hanako known each other? While some of Lilly's lines seem to imply they became friends during the start of the year before Hisao arrived, but other lines imply they knew each other at the very least the year before since Lilly mentions trying to reach out to Hanako during her 17th birthday but it ultimately failing. Did they know each other and just become good friends when they became neighbors, or did Lilly just know old tales about Hanako's behavior?

Oh, and one more question: why did Misha wear the Bush Cheney shirt when the international community and a decent chunk of Americans were ashamed of governor Bush and Darth Baby Eater? Did she even know what the shirt said or is there an Apollo Justice style twist where Misha is actually the sensually challenged one and Shizune is screwing with a blind friend?
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
yummines

Post by yummines »

I don't know where exactly to ask this, so I'm posting this here.

I'm thinking of making a fan-game of Katawa Shoujo based around the premise of Yume Nikki (i.e. exploring and finding effects. its still in idea phase, i'll iron out the details later).
obviously i wont use images and music ripped directly from the game. however if i make chiptune or remixed versions of songs from the game, can i use them?