Do you ever wish that... [Shizune path spoilers]

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Would an option like that have been a good thing?

Yes.
77%
No.
23%

Total votes: 56

acewing905

Do you ever wish that... [Shizune path spoilers]

Post by acewing905 »

...you could comfort Misha without cheating on Shizune? Like just holding her without having sex? I was playing through Shizune's path again, and... damn, that scene kills me every time. Even the option to say no is cruelly labelled "Refuse". :(
yummines

Re: Do you ever wish that... [Shizune path spoilers]

Post by yummines »

would be nice, but then again same could be said for choices in every path.

i wish there was a "understand Rin" button on her path but you know that would take away from the story.

enjoy it for what it is.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

yummines wrote:would be nice, but then again same could be said for choices in every path.

i wish there was a "understand Rin" button on her path but you know that would take away from the story.

enjoy it for what it is.
I know, I know. Just a silly "what if" thread to get over some bad feels. All the same, this should be much easier for Hisao to do than understanding Rin...
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

The fact that Hisao does not have this option is proof that it is something Hisao would not have been capable of doing. Choices in games work like this.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:The fact that Hisao does not have this option is proof that it is something Hisao would not have been capable of doing. Choices in games work like this.
Does he seem like that much of a horndog?
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

acewing905 wrote:
WorldlyWiseman wrote:The fact that Hisao does not have this option is proof that it is something Hisao would not have been capable of doing. Choices in games work like this.
Does he seem like that much of a horndog?
I think it's mostly because Misha had already attempted to kiss you, so you just KNOW that by "comforting her" she means "getting busy"
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Yeah, that's why I clicked refuse. But I just keep wishing for a middle option. Surely he could've calmed her down at least... *sigh* I guess it's gonna take me a while to get over being sad for Misha.
random

Post by random »

Misha very specifically wanted you (well, Hisao, whatever) to comfort her with sex

If you didnt want sex, you refuse to comfort her

Simple as that
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I wish she could be comforted without sex. I wonder if there's a fanfiction about that.
Aspirin

Post by Aspirin »

Yes, it would be nice. In my naivety, the first time I read "Comfort Misha" I thought it meant to say kind words, raise her morale, hug her with affection and maybe give her a gentle kiss on the forehead or on the hair... well, certainly not sex...
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

I got the impression she was throwing herself at Hisao out of pain and confusion; the whole thing seemed wrong. I couldn't hit refuse fast enough. The loaded meaning of "comfort" was telegraphed pretty strongly.

I don't think the sort of "there, there" comforting would have helped much. She seemed to be happier after he gently refused her.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Walrusfella wrote:I got the impression she was throwing herself at Hisao out of pain and confusion; the whole thing seemed wrong. I couldn't hit refuse fast enough. The loaded meaning of "comfort" was telegraphed pretty strongly.

I don't think the sort of "there, there" comforting would have helped much. She seemed to be happier after he gently refused her.
True. It was obvious what "comfort" meant, what with this game having h-scenes and the presence of an outright refuse option.
Aspirin wrote:Yes, it would be nice. In my naivety, the first time I read "Comfort Misha" I thought it meant to say kind words, raise her morale, hug her with affection and maybe give her a gentle kiss on the forehead or on the hair... well, certainly not sex...
Ahhh... :lol: Though that's the kinda thing I wish I could do. Well, in the little world in my head, that's what happened. ;)
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

I wanted to give her the Comfort version of comfort, not the Breathlessly version of comfort. Oh well =/
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

"How about these cookies, sugar?"