[Release] Katawa Shoujo r7

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

avonder

Re: [Release] Katawa Shoujo r7

Post by avonder »

gsk wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:58 pm

Uploaded the saves file zip

https://0x0.st/s/tDjx-ACsW2895QJTO6pjmQ ... /saves.zip - replace them with these.

gsk

Post by gsk »

avonder wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:37 am
gsk wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:58 pm

Uploaded the saves file zip

https://0x0.st/s/tDjx-ACsW2895QJTO6pjmQ ... /saves.zip - replace them with these.

That works thanks

Raurs

Post by Raurs »

avonder wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:14 am

Version 1.4.1 changelog:

• Added Simplified Chinese (thanks @dkd) and alternate Russian translations.

• Can now serve as a drop-in replacement for the Steam version.

• Stray unupdated logic fixes.

The language system has been upgraded; all DLCs need to be redownloaded.

Tecquo wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:11 pm

By this I mean that Katawa Shoujo was released on Steam with achievements, cloud saves and all the rest. Is there any chance that we can get a version of remaster that can be easily copypasted over the steam version without any problems? So we could have Steam achievements and launch KS from Steam with this remastered version.

You should be able to do so now, but you should be aware that this version's saves will not work with the Steam one. I would recommend disabling cloud saves for the duration of using it if you plan to use the Steam version again.

Excuse, should i just drop in steam version? Because i just did it and the game won't start up, it shows the loading screen and immediately close.

skolstorm

Post by skolstorm »

I'm sorry if this has been answered previously, but does this version crop some of the original art in wide mode (or 4:3 for that matter) like some of the other "HD" options out there?

avonder

Post by avonder »

Raurs wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:14 pm

Excuse, should i just drop in steam version? Because i just did it and the game won't start up, it shows the loading screen and immediately close.

Delete the Steam version's files first, don't drop and replace.

skolstorm wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:18 pm

I'm sorry if this has been answered previously, but does this version crop some of the original art in wide mode (or 4:3 for that matter) like some of the other "HD" options out there?

In wide mode, the game runs in close to 3:2. Sprites and backgrounds are unchanged (there is still room for backgrounds to pan); EVs are manually zoomed in. The gallery mode shows EVs in original view and then zoomed in.

With wide mode off, you get the original 4:3 experience.