[Release] Katawa Shoujo r7

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

avonder

Re: [Release] Katawa Shoujo r7

Post by avonder »

Version 1.4.0 changelog:

• Languages can now be disabled in the language menu. The initial launch now enables a single language in the user's detected locale. Disabling unused languages allows for greatly improved startup time and RAM usage.

• [Vita] All languages are now available.

• Added Ren'Py Sync, a save transfer function. Accessible from the Load screen.

• Added an iOS build. Use Sideloadly to install.

• Self-voicing is now available on Android and iOS.

• Added a web app version, available at https://play.ksr7.duckdns.org:886/.

• Added the Brazilian Portuguese translation.

• Moved all adult content to a separate patch file for ditribution on certain platforms.

• Reworked the choice-tracking system to be language-agnostic and not lose progress spontaneously.

• Moved to Ren'Py 8.

• Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Katawa Shoujo r7 is now available for beta testing on Google Play. To participate, join this Google group and click the testing link within.

Tecquo

Post by Tecquo »

Hi!
Thank you so much for remastering Katawa Shoujo, I really like it! Is there any chance of getting a compatible remake version with the Steam version of Katawa Shoujo? Yesterday I decompiled (poorly, tbh) and saw that a lot had been changed compared to the original. I have a lot of experience with Ren'Py (almost four years, to be precise), I can help you with creating a Steam-compatible version if you need any help.

avonder

Post by avonder »

Tecquo wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:03 am

Hi!
Is there any chance of getting a compatible remake version with the Steam version of Katawa Shoujo?

I don't follow. What do you mean by "Steam-compatible"?

Tecquo

Post by Tecquo »

avonder wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:34 am
Tecquo wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:03 am

Hi!
Is there any chance of getting a compatible remake version with the Steam version of Katawa Shoujo?

I don't follow. What do you mean by "Steam-compatible"?

By this I mean that Katawa Shoujo was released on Steam with achievements, cloud saves and all the rest. Is there any chance that we can get a version of remaster that can be easily copypasted over the steam version without any problems? So we could have Steam achievements and launch KS from Steam with this remastered version.

avonder

Post by avonder »

Tecquo wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:11 pm

By this I mean that Katawa Shoujo was released on Steam with achievements, cloud saves and all the rest. Is there any chance that we can get a version of remaster that can be easily copypasted over the steam version without any problems? So we could have Steam achievements and launch KS from Steam with this remastered version.

I'll look into it in a few days.

dkd

Post by dkd »

Thanks for remastering. Can you add Simplified Chinese translation to your release, here is release page and patch.

Attachments
Katawa Shoujo_CHS_Patch_v1.3.rar
(4.44 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
avonder

Post by avonder »

Version 1.4.1 changelog:

• Added Simplified Chinese (thanks @dkd) and alternate Russian translations.

• Can now serve as a drop-in replacement for the Steam version.

• Stray unupdated logic fixes.

The language system has been upgraded; all DLCs need to be redownloaded.

Tecquo wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:11 pm

You should be able to do so now, but you should be aware that this version's saves will not work with the Steam one. I would recommend disabling cloud saves for the duration of using it if you plan to use the Steam version again.

Panetonys

Post by Panetonys »

Thanks for the amazing work, began KS last week and finished Emi's route yesterday. Just two questions:

• Are saves from 1.4.0 compatible with 1.4.1?
  • I played using the HD mod and noticed a few character sprites that weren't showing up upscaled (one of Lilly neutral/happy, one of Mutou neutral and all of Yuuko). Is this a bug? Or were some sprites not upscaled?
avonder

Post by avonder »

Panetonys wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:44 pm
  • I played using the HD mod and noticed a few character sprites that weren't showing up upscaled (one of Lilly neutral/happy, one of Mutou neutral and all of Yuuko). Is this a bug? Or were some sprites not upscaled?

Sorry, fixed. Yes, saves are compatible across versions.

Panetonys

Post by Panetonys »

avonder wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:12 am
Panetonys wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:44 pm

Sorry, fixed. Yes, saves are compatible across versions.

Just tested it and it's working, thanks. Time to do the other routes. :D

gsk

Post by gsk »

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ui_labels_wm.rpy", line 679, in <module>
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'FsdReadbackNVLCharacterVar' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x0000000003911340>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "ui_labels_wm.rpyc", line 637, in script
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\loadsave.py", line 830, in load
    roots, log = loads(log_data)
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 100, in loads
    return load(io.BytesIO(s))
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 97, in load
    return up.load()
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 93, in find_class
    return super().find_class(module, name)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'FsdReadbackNVLCharacterVar' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x0000000003911340>

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Katawa Shoujo 1.4.1
Sat Aug 31 18:45:00 2024

I updated the game after loading a save file I get this error

avonder

Post by avonder »

gsk wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:18 am

You had a bugged initial version of a DLC installed when you made the save. Press Shift+O and type in:

FsdReadbackNVLCharacterVar = ""

Press Enter and Escape and you'll be able to load the save.

gsk

Post by gsk »

Now I get different error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
UnpicklingError: NEWOBJ class argument isn't a type object

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "ui_labels_wm.rpyc", line 637, in script
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\loadsave.py", line 830, in load
    roots, log = loads(log_data)
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 100, in loads
    return load(io.BytesIO(s))
  File "D:\Games\Visual Novels\Katawa Shoujo Updated\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 97, in load
    return up.load()
UnpicklingError: NEWOBJ class argument isn't a type object

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Katawa Shoujo 1.4.1
Sun Sep  1 08:10:49 2024
avonder

Post by avonder »

gsk

Post by gsk »