Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Re: Ask!

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Guest wrote:Does Nicol Armarfi have a website? I just found his music pretty interesting and would like to follow his work. (Google is only giving me a dead site.)
I don't have a website, but you can check out my youtube page, which I update quite frequently: http://youtube.com/nicolarmarfi4
ingordo wrote:What happened to "Measuring Shadows" (the VN with Molly as the main character)? Is it still in development?
It's gone. Probably for good.
mik4384

Post by mik4384 »

in shizune's cutscene hisao was trying to sign something does anyone know what's he's trying to say in sign language?
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

What difficulties were there writing in only Hisao's perspective ? Were there any times you wish you could have gone to another persons point of view ?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

McBaggin wrote:What difficulties were there writing in only Hisao's perspective ? Were there any times you wish you could have gone to another persons point of view ?
The difficulties of writing from only Hisao's perspective were no greater than the difficulties we'd have faced had we chosen to jump from girl to girl and force the player to choose Hisao's actions without knowing his motivations (come to think of it that's an interesting idea). First person perspective can be frustrating to write in sometimes, but it's no easier or harder than writing in any other perspective I think.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Guest wrote:How can I get in contact with the musicians who work on this game? Ya know, musician to musician and get some networking going on.
You can find us all on the IRC or shoot us a PM on these forums.
I was the guest who asked this question (forgot to sign in).

I just want you say I love the music team's work! Every track in the game was very well composed and drew me into the game further and inspired me to go back to composing music. Keep up the great work, man!

Now, my next question, did you, Blue, and Juno started working on the game's music post production or during production and how long did you took to complete the game's soundtrack? Also, how did you guys got on the team? Did you ask to join the team for music or did somebody ask you to join.

Post by Guest »

First off, thank you for the game. I loved it.

You have brought that there has been disagreements and fights throughout the whole development of the game.
What was the biggest fight between the devs?
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Snow_Storm wrote:Now, my next question, did you, Blue, and Juno started working on the game's music post production or during production and how long did you took to complete the game's soundtrack? Also, how did you guys got on the team? Did you ask to join the team for music or did somebody ask you to join.
All music was written during production. I got on the team sometime in late 2007, after I noticed a call from Aura looking for anybody to help with the game. Back then they were just looking for anyone they could get, so it wasn't any problem getting on the team. Blue joined sometime after, and Juno was asked to write the music for the two trailers fairly recently.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

TehIshter wrote:The similarity is uncanny. Is it on purpose that you guys referenced a track from Planetarian?
Nope. I've gotten a lot of comments of this sort before (compare this with this for example), but most of the time the similarities were not intentional. There is a fairly lengthy quote of O'Canada in the track Nocturne, though.
JiisanChrist

Post by JiisanChrist »

I don't speak for the whole dev team, but I'd say "please don't do that". We have stated multiple times that we have no interest in making a profit through KS, either by ourselves or through licensing, and such an endeavor would inevitably bring profit into the mix.
I see, I understand that throwing money into to the mix is likely going to cause resentment & discontent among the development team. It's common that some team members may feel that they deserve more reward according to their perceived amount contribution than others and that's how everything starts to unravel. Having worked on various volunteer projects (unpaid), I have personally seen this sort of incident myself.

It is very admirable that you guys don't seek any profit from this, even offers of donations from fans are deflected to charitable organisation. Despite this, Katawa Shoujo still got released. I may not know what happened behind the scene, but I think I can attribute this dedication to the team's passion in the project, the visual novel medium and/or narrative in general. Nevertheless, I am sure that you guys are very proud of what you've accomplished. I know that because that's how I feel whenever I finished the projects I'm involved in.

Putting the issue of money aside, aren't you guys curious how far your projects will go? Having their VN getting animated is a dream come true for must development groups. It is not a certainty that a proper studio will pick up KS, but having a go and seeing what could've happened is still better than not knowing at all isn't it? Even if the petition to the studios does not work, it's still going to raise awareness for Katawa Shoujo, regardless, resulting in more people reading a VN for the first time. Isn't that great in itself?

If the development team still strongly feel that they do not want to attract any publicity at all, then I will give up. But I hope you guys wouldn't prevent fans from expressing their support.

To be realistic, the chance for KS to get animated is relatively slim, but it's better to decline offers from studios than never knowing that there are interested parties at all isn't it?
concerned citizen

Post by concerned citizen »

How, exactly, was it decided that the overall mood of KS' story would be as such, and not, say, happier? I suppose this is what was expected, but I was wondering if something else was ever considered.
LillyxHanako

Post by LillyxHanako »

Hey, first of all I want to congratulate the 2 frankly amazing musicians on the score. I know it was digitally produced but the piano in many songs just had me going to the extras section almost as much as playing the acctual game ( I play the game allot).
Anyway heres my 'ask' if you will, I cannot stand doing things anymore without the games music in my mind. I simply MUST have a download link for the songs, im almost certain the rest of these guys would appriciate it too. So can we have one pleaseee?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Guest wrote:First off, thank you for the game. I loved it.

You have brought that there has been disagreements and fights throughout the whole development of the game.

"servery"

At least that is the one that sticks in my mind the most.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Drake

Post by Drake »

cpl_crud wrote:
Guest wrote:First off, thank you for the game. I loved it.

"servery"

At least that is the one that sticks in my mind the most.
Wait, it was over what to call something? A word?
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

is there any chance of a release of the sound track?
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Question for A22 or whoever else can answer?

What happened to Shizune's mother, unless this has been answered already.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic