Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

dudester567 wrote:I don't think this has been asked, but how did you guys come up with Arrhythmia for Hisao?
We had a bunch of suggestions and picked the one that felt best for us.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Scooble wrote::?: I know the translator's thread is closed, but do any of you guys (devs) need a Japanese translator? I have quite a bit of free time, and I don't mind doing extra work. Afterall, it would be a good way to practice my Japanese, plus I'd get to bring this game one step closer to the world. My college degree major was in Japanese (along with studying abroad in Japan), so I have some degree of competence.

If you need a translator, just hit me up with an email: svgarceau@gmail.com

Hir is in charge of the Japanese team. He's a cool dude.

As much as I can sympathise with you wanting to practice, it is usually better to be native in the destination language rather than the source language.

But if you are confident then contact Hir. If you just want practice then look up a language exchange in your area. They're fun.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Aura: Are you making it some kind of test for yourself to give the shortest answer possible to every question? :P
Zeno

Post by Zeno »

sporkaganza wrote:Aura: Are you making it some kind of test for yourself to give the shortest answer possible to every question? :P
Let the man act cool, he deserves it.

Question: Has anyone in dev team played Yume Miru Kusuri? I didn't see it on the influence chart, but it treats routes and heroines in a similar manner to KS. In YMK the three heroines are also "diabled", albeit their disabilities are psychological. One of the routes bears a fairly strong resemblance with Hanako's route, for example. (white knight syndrome, offering her body as a form of gratitude/payment/bonding and subsequent guilt-tripping).

KS devs have my admiration for embarking on a project with 5+ routes without much previous experience, multiple endings and ero.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

sporkaganza wrote:Aura: Are you making it some kind of test for yourself to give the shortest answer possible to every question? :P
Brevity is the soul of wit. I only answer at length to questions that are interesting to answer. I have no interest in getting a fulltime job keeping up with this thread.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Zeno wrote:
Let the man act cool, he deserves it.

Question: Has anyone in dev team played Yume Miru Kusuri? I didn't see it on the influence chart, but it treats routes and heroines in a similar manner to KS. In YMK the three heroines are also "diabled", albeit their disabilities are psychological. One of the routes bears a fairly strong resemblance with Hanako's route, for example. (white knight syndrome, offering her body as a form of gratitude/payment/bonding and subsequent guilt-tripping).

KS devs have my admiration for embarking on a project with 5+ routes without much previous experience, multiple endings and ero.
Some of us have played it.
vAnon

Post by vAnon »

I have an utterly trivial question.
Is Rin a dandelion, or a butterfly?
Droyer

Post by Droyer »

How does Hanako pay for foodand such? The other characters could be sent allowences by their parents, but Hanako was an orphan

Post by Guest »

cpl_crud wrote:If we wanted to make a quick buck, you all would have been making Hanako Punch jokes around this time (thankfully, the other devs put a stop to that).
Please elaborate.
Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Is it me, or there's a track that is heavily inspired by dvorak?
Breathlessy IIRC.

Post by Guest »

Now that the finished product is out, how do you feel about the characters you've constructed? Will you be able to comfortably walk away from them, or do you think they may have a place in your mind for some time well after KS's release?
Nagatoyuuki

Post by Nagatoyuuki »

Hey Aura. Hope you're dealing with KS's backlash ok.

Probably something for crud, but I was just wondering. There is a part of dialogue where Hanako says that she is "good with computers'. which was probebly over hung in the story by the singing interest. Is there anything behind this? Or is it just filler?

-bows-

『ユウキ』
. . .

Post by Guest »

This probably means nothing by this point, but thank you for making me (and 4chan) realize I (and they) are human, and imperfect; which is what makes us perfect. Thank you for making possibly the only game I want to pay for. Thank you for the emotions, the pride, sadness.

I guess my question is: is there any chance at all of any of you guys grouping together again (other devs would be nice to chime in now), because you all have amazing talent, better than many games I have paid for.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Aura wrote:4. My native language is Finnish, the rest are native english-speakers.
:shock: Vau. Terveppä teille. :)

Listen, was Rin a difficult character to write? And I mean write her the right way? When I look at her dialogue, and observe her pretty random behavior now that I'm progressing trough her path slowly but surely, I can only think that fleshing out her persona fully must've taken quite a bit of creative madness.

Post by Guest »

First off, I greatly appreciate that you've enabled anonymous posting without registering. Thanks for that.

I have one short question for Aura. Similar questions have already been asked, but I'd still like to see an answer for this: What is wrong with Rin?
It's quite hard to pinpoint her issues without being educated on mental disorders, yet I'd like to read more on her condition.