Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

300BillionDegrees

Re: Ask!

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

cpl_crud wrote:Recruitment was haphazard; we had a forum on this page for recruitment where anyone could volunteer, and we posted a lot on 4chan and the like to get people to come here.
I read in that forum that you were cursed and all the artists working on your projects ended up spending time in the hospital at one point or another. Did you ever break that curse, or are all of your artists still doomed to suffer a hospital visit at some during the job? :P
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Nearly everybody is doomed to suffer a hospital visit at some time during a four-plus-year job. Now, if you want to call that a "curse"... :p
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Were Lilly and Shizune class representatives in their first and second years?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Leaty wrote:Were Lilly and Shizune class representatives in their first and second years?
Yes.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Silentcook wrote:Nearly everybody is doomed to suffer a hospital visit at some time during a four-plus-year job. Now, if you want to cal that a "curse"... :p
Hey man some of us don't go to hospitals because we can't afford them and just use haphazard first aid techniques when we get hurt.
Evotic

Post by Evotic »

Is there ANY CHANCE for Katawa Shoujo 2? And if you don't mind, can you give an explanation to why, and also the timeframe that we can expect for the release? Please. Pretty please? :P
"I don't care if you are rejected by the whole world. If that ever happens, remember that I will accept you even more. I'm on your side, and that's that."
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

I want to ask something.
Is Miki have a specific sexual orientation? Or she's just really open-minded about this?

Yeah, it's an akward question, but I need to know this for my writting XD
Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Evotic wrote:Is there ANY CHANCE for Katawa Shoujo 2? And if you don't mind, can you give an explanation to why, and also the timeframe that we can expect for the release? Please. Pretty please? :P
Of course there's a chance, but it's pretty unlikely.

Making visual novels, especially of Katawa Shoujo's magnitude, is extremely hard work. Since we avoid commercializing KS, the only incentive we have for making a sequel is our own motivation and interest. Let's say we are starting a new project. We could either make a KS sequel, or something else. The problem with making a KS sequel is that it's less interesting than the other option, since that could be literally anything we're into and KS isn't that great in comparison. It's a highschool romance, a trite genre that visual novels are completely saturated with. Even though KS's setting is mildly better than a generic Japanese highschool, it's heavily burdened by some bad design decisions we made when we were beginners. There just aren't any upsides to making more KS compared to a fresh start, except the guaranteed popularity (which we don't give a fuck about) and the already existing setting reducing workload (which isn't really an upside). Thus I, and probably most other 4LS members would rather use our time, creativity and efforts into something that interests us more than Katawa Shoujo 2

Of course at some point in the future we might change our minds about all this, or planets might align in just the right way. This is partially why we reserve the rights of KS to ourselves. I just don't see it happening, realistically. That's why you shouldn't expect a sequel to happen.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kon22 wrote:Honestly, KS doesn't need a sequel.
There's a faction of KS fans who disagree. We've got some feedback from people who feel the stories are incomplete and should be continued to the adulthood of the characters in a sequel.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
brythain

Post by brythain »

Aura, I've been digging around the forums a while, but I've not been able to find an answer to this. Have you ever given Natsume Ooe a personality of her own, and what do you think she would be like as a person?

Delta, I'd like to ask the same question of you, but for Naomi Inoue's personality and behaviour.

Thanks!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

brythain wrote:Aura, I've been digging around the forums a while, but I've not been able to find an answer to this. Have you ever given Natsume Ooe a personality of her own, and what do you think she would be like as a person?

Delta, I'd like to ask the same question of you, but for Naomi Inoue's personality and behaviour.

Thanks!
Not really. Since she essentially represents me, I guess her personality would same as mine too?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Razoredge wrote:I want to ask something.
Is Miki have a specific sexual orientation? Or she's just really open-minded about this?

Miki is whatever you want her to be, I don't think we ever thought super-hard about it or at all.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Aura wrote:it's heavily burdened by some bad design decisions we made when we were beginners
What would be some examples of these bad design decisions?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Razoredge wrote:I want to ask something.

Bi. Have fun.
danfs

Post by danfs »

Aura, I don't know if someone asked already, but I really wanna know: What is the actual status of 4LS and its members? Does anyone of them has some kind of plan to another game (this one being or not a KS 2) with the others KS developers?

Because if some of you intend to put the Studio back online to make another game, I would TOTALLY support you, since KS has been such an emotive and wonderful game for me so far, even only doing the Hanako's Neutral Way, I didn't even knew that a game could make me think so much about my own life... And by the way, thanks, A LOT, for the game.
"Life is not nice, it's limited. An imperfect blink of an eye on the infinite immensity of the universe"