Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Leaty

Re: Ask!

Post by Leaty »

This is probably one of the weirder questions I've asked, but why does Katawa Shoujo's interface use this color scheme?

I feel like it's meant to evoke something, but I'm not really clear on what exactly that's supposed to be. Graphite on wood?
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but i don't know where else, i'm curious as to why hideaki was made to look somewhat like a clown, with that outfit seeing how he is a guy and all, star stockings, hair ribbon, some kinda neck ribbon, anyway nothing a guy would wear i guess, any particular reason behind him being so different then the other characters?
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Kibaro wrote:i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but i don't know where else, i'm curious as to why hideaki was made to look somewhat like a clown, with that outfit seeing how he is a guy and all, star stockings, hair ribbon, some kinda neck ribbon, anyway nothing a guy would wear i guess, any particular reason behind him being so different then the other characters?
I would like to know that too.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Atario

Post by Atario »

On the topic of Rin's arm-stubs. We only ever see them during her final H-scene; whereas with Emi, for example, we see her leg-stubs at a few different times, including outside of H-scenes. Even Rin's "nude" sprites have her draped in a shirt. Was there any conscious (or subconscious?) decision to minimize showing them? If so, why?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

ArcCain wrote:
Kibaro wrote:i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but i don't know where else, i'm curious as to why hideaki was made to look somewhat like a clown, with that outfit seeing how he is a guy and all, star stockings, hair ribbon, some kinda neck ribbon, anyway nothing a guy would wear i guess, any particular reason behind him being so different then the other characters?
I would like to know that too.
Because we let the artists design him.
Hein

Post by Hein »

Why, when Emi's REALLY mad at you, does it just look like she's giving you a sly smile? It really took me out of it when she blew up at Hisao and she just gives him that sly, playful look. (EDIT: Although I really liked the Emi route :) )
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Atario wrote:On the topic of Rin's arm-stubs. We only ever see them during her final H-scene; whereas with Emi, for example, we see her leg-stubs at a few different times, including outside of H-scenes. Even Rin's "nude" sprites have her draped in a shirt. Was there any conscious (or subconscious?) decision to minimize showing them? If so, why?
No.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

How did Misha(Shizune?) knew what Hisao was thinking in "Smalltalk" (Act 1, day 2)?

God magic?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Hein

Post by Hein »

The main title screen plays the song Wiosna, which in Polish means 'Spring'. Was that because Hisao has his heart attack during the Winter and he joins Yamaku in the Spring?
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Hein wrote:The main title screen plays the song Wiosna, which in Polish means 'Spring'. Was that because Hisao has his heart attack during the Winter and he joins Yamaku in the Spring?
No. I named it in homage to this.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Since Hanako's theme is the only one that doesn't play during regular conversation with her, what song from the KS track would you assign her as her "passive" theme?
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

I know this is an odd question, but has there been any mention of when yamaku was founded?
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

ParagonTerminus wrote:Since Hanako's theme is the only one that doesn't play during regular conversation with her, what song from the KS track would you assign her as her "passive" theme?
I don't know how they were used in the final product but the two themes I wrote for Hanako were Painful History and Raindrops and Puddles. I'd assume Raindrops and Puddles is what's used for casual conversation.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Are all characters right-handed ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

We never decided anyone's handedness. All I remember is that Rin is ambidextrous (because kamifish drew her using different feet for dexterity tasks in different images, not because anyone decided she was).
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents