Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Re: Ask!

Post by TheHivemind »

Kon22 wrote:Did you expect to be answering questions in this thread in 2014? :P
I didn't. I thought this would eventually die down and we'd keep the forums open as like a token gesture within a year of release.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The "fan-like behaviour" is exactly what keeps the community going strong.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Josh_Mac

Post by Josh_Mac »

Besides weee and gebby, will there be anyone from 4LS at AX this year?
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

can i try making a KS phone theme? or is it against the copyright thingy? i won't sell it or anything, if it let's me upload it on phone theme sites it would probably be for free but yeah, is it allowed? if not can i make it only for myself?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Yes, as long as 1) no money 2) don't rip off the game assets.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Aura wrote:Yes, as long as 1) no money 2) don't rip off the game assets.
i know english pretty well, but not sure what game assets actually mean, im guessing sprites and icons? can't i use the chibi icons for menu buttons?:( it's ok if not, i just want to make sure i don't do anything wrong:)
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

not even if it's for strictly personal use and nothing else? :-?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Aura wrote:Right eye: the colour of television tuned to a dead channel.
Left eye: the colour of heartbreak.

I always knew you were sexy.

Slightly unrelated, my daughter has heterochromia. It is awesome.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Atario wrote:Conversely from my previous question: have there been any outside criticisms of the game that have gotten under the skins of any of the devs? If so, what were they?
It seems odd, but when people wordle'd Hanako's path, I was shocked to see how much I used "just" and "like" in my writing.

I now consciously avoid it, even in emails/spoken communication. I used to do a lot of the old "I've just come back from so-and-so" or "I'm just going to the shops.."

I blame the countryside, and my year 7 English teacher that wanted everything to be a simile.

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest Poster wrote:Game assets are the visual and audio components the game consists of.

Generally:

- backgrounds
- sprites
- cg's
- logo's
- music
It also does include the script, which is in fact a big deal (except probably not for this specific thing)
brythain

Post by brythain »

Aura wrote:It also does include the script, which is in fact a big deal (except probably not for this specific thing)
Hmm; I write fanfic and sometimes quote parts of the script (e.g. character lines) to make it 'fit' in. Is that ok?
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I noticed in the config file, there's an option for developer mode, but setting it to true doesn't seem to change anything. Was it removed from the final release? Is there a secret code to activate it or something?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Notguest wrote:I noticed in the config file, there's an option for developer mode, but setting it to true doesn't seem to change anything. Was it removed from the final release? Is there a secret code to activate it or something?
It was a mode that let you skip masses of text so you could get to choices etc for testing. Nothing secret. Can you imagine recompiling the game and then having to read or skip to the last credits scene?

------
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Did you guys had a idea in mind when writing the story for the girls, any inspirations that influenced how the story turned out? Why for example Rin's story would be about how to express herself & her art or Emi's about her nightmares & running, etc.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

1. how do you imagined Lilly's eyes? orinetal shaped or western shaped?
2. the site keeps bugging out for me like really long loads, errors and stuff like that do you know why this is happening?
3. how much do you like chocolate from 1-10 and what kind?:D