Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aizer

Re: Ask!

Post by Aizer »

The people that wrote the routes, their names are public?
The real ones i mean.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Aizer wrote:The people that wrote the routes, their names are public?
The real ones i mean.
Crud uses his real name pretty commonly in public contexts. The rest of us not so commonly.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Aizer wrote:The people that wrote the routes, their names are public?
The real ones i mean.
Mostly they are not. At this time, that's how I prefer it.
WarbirdHD
Location: A place where all there is is blood, death, destruction, and rainbows.

Post by WarbirdHD »

Hey Aura! The rumored (I think it is at least) Katawa Shoujo II has gotten me to thinking, will the main character, or rather protagonist, still be Hisao, or will it be a new one? I hope for the latter, which is very likely. Who would be the routes if so? Would it be the time of Hisao (3rd year at the same time Hisao was there. That's in case you were confused by my poor explanation.) or would it be something else? I understand these were a lot of questions regarding this rumor, but the more the merrier, am I correct?

Anyways, give the team my thanks for such an amazing game if you would.
WarbirdHD out!
FeroxAnima

Post by FeroxAnima »

It's definitely been asked before, but I can't find it and I just have to know, so sorry in advance.

My native language is Hebrew (in which the vowels work relatively similar to Japanese), so pronouncing most of the names was really easy for me.
But there's one name whose proper pronounciation I just can't figure out on my own.
Hanako.
I know it's weird XD Seems like one of the names that are the easiest to pronounce...
I just can't figure out whether it's HA-nako or ha-NA-ko.
Help, someone :lol:
Also, "Katawa Shoujo" - I tend to pronounce it as KA-tawa Shoujo, is that correct or is it Ka-TA-wa?
As in, which part of the words is accentuated? (Sorry if that's the wrong term for this; that's the best I could get out of Google Translate :D)
"May the Force be ever in your favor."
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

That one day was a good one.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Pronunciation.

Have a thorough look through the multiple links and threads.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Kwyna

Post by Kwyna »

Hi, I think 4LeafStudio members on several occasions mentioned that the visual novel "narcissu" was a big influence, and a favourite VN of some of the writers/team members.

How exactly would you say Narcissu influenced KS?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kwyna wrote:Hi, I think 4LeafStudio members on several occasions mentioned that the visual novel "narcissu" was a big influence, and a favourite VN of some of the writers/team members.

How exactly would you say Narcissu influenced KS?
Read the chapter "7F" of Narcissu. Then read the first two scenes of KS.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

I'm attempting to write a fan fiction(Hanako - Epilogue of sorts), but it follows the good ending of the Hanako route from Alpha. If we can't talk about Alpha does that mean I can't go after the Alpha ending for my fan fiction?
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

TheGoatman wrote:I'm attempting to write a fan fiction(Hanako - Epilogue of sorts), but it follows the good ending of the Hanako route from Alpha. If we can't talk about Alpha does that mean I can't go after the Alpha ending for my fan fiction?
The ban on talking about the Alpha only applies to the forums. The internet is your own dominion. We're not going to stop fansposting their own stuff on their own blogs etc..
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

I had planned on posting the fan fic in the fan fiction thread, seems like the best place to get views and feedback for a Katawa Shoujo fan fiction. If I want to post it on these forums, should I change it so that it follows the release route instead?
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

TheGoatman wrote:I had planned on posting the fan fic in the fan fiction thread, seems like the best place to get views and feedback for a Katawa Shoujo fan fiction. If I want to post it on these forums, should I change it so that it follows the release route instead?
I honestly think that you'll be fine if you post it there. Just don't try discussing the alpha in this thread as if it were canon.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TacticalBacon

Post by TacticalBacon »

are the artstyles of the game (or VN, whatever you call it) influenced from somewhere or were they original
My Steam
My Twitter
My Tumblr
My skype is HakimAthalla21
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

TacticalBacon wrote:are the artstyles of the game (or VN, whatever you call it) influenced from somewhere or were they original
Sure, every artist is influenced by other artists they admire or whatever, and 4LS staff is no different. Specifically for KS, Tatsuki Amaduyu and his partner in crime, Misato Mitsumi were big influences.
WarbirdHD
Location: A place where all there is is blood, death, destruction, and rainbows.

Post by WarbirdHD »

New question!
If any of the devs (Such as you, Aura, or Suriko, etc.) Could write a different route, such as say... A Natsume route, who would it star? I personally would do a Naomi route.
(Fanfiction!)
WarbirdHD out!