Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

StudyOfWumbology

Re: Ask!

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Aura wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:Alright, so sorry about being confusing about my earlier question about the april fools joke about the side characters. Let me restate it: Did you ever consider putting the side characters into the main story so that they would have a bigger role?
We thought about having Saki in KS for a little while. Like, a day or two.
I think I understand why you didn't do it, because like you wouldn't have a second person for her.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Aura wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:Alright, so sorry about being confusing about my earlier question about the april fools joke about the side characters. Let me restate it: Did you ever consider putting the side characters into the main story so that they would have a bigger role?
We thought about having Saki in KS for a little while. Like, a day or two.
I think I understand why you didn't do it, because like you wouldn't have a second person for her.
What second person? Anyway we ditched idea because it was ultimately an unnecessary subplot.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
StudyOfWumbology

Aura wrote: What second person? Anyway we ditched idea because it was ultimately an unnecessary subplot.
All of the main characters have a second person by their side. Like Rin and Emi, Hanako and Lilly, and Shizune and Misha.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Aura wrote: What second person? Anyway we ditched idea because it was ultimately an unnecessary subplot.
All of the main characters have a second person by their side. Like Rin and Emi, Hanako and Lilly, and Shizune and Misha.
She was never considered for a main character.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
StudyOfWumbology

Yet another question. Sorry if I'm bothering you guys with my constant stream of them. But anywho: who drew the artwork for Emi? Like the facial features and such.
Dream

Post by Dream »

At the risk of this being a silly question: Are the CGs in Hanako's route (which i consider the best ones i've seen in the VN so far) done by one particular artist, or were they done by the art team in general?
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Does Rin prefer her right foot or her left when doing things, or is she ambidextrous?
Also how does she put her clothes back on after the first H-scene, is she a wizard?
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Yet another question. Sorry if I'm bothering you guys with my constant stream of them. But anywho: who drew the artwork for Emi? Like the facial features and such.
Moekki drew her sprite set and Pimmy the CGs.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Dream wrote:At the risk of this being a silly question: Are the CGs in Hanako's route (which i consider the best ones i've seen in the VN so far) done by one particular artist, or were they done by the art team in general?
Weee drew them but the colouring is split among a couple artists.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Sgt Spice wrote:Does Rin prefer her right foot or her left when doing things, or is she ambidextrous?
Also how does she put her clothes back on after the first H-scene, is she a wizard?
She has a dominant foot, iirc the right.

People with no hands can and do dress up themselves. They are not helpless at all.
Trivun

Post by Trivun »

Aura wrote:
Sgt Spice wrote:Does Rin prefer her right foot or her left when doing things, or is she ambidextrous?

People with no hands can and do dress up themselves. They are not helpless at all.
That makes sense, though I always assumed that Hisao helped her out, personally. Being a H-scene he's clearly seen her fully or partially naked, after all, so it wouldn't be much of an issue xD

Apologies if this has already been answered in the thread so far, but is there a canon 'date' for the fire that scarred Hanako? And how does such a date tie in with her birthday? I ask only because I've had people discussing it in the thread for a Hanako POV retelling I've been writing, and some (myself not included) seem to think the fire may have happened on or around Hanako's birthday, but it's never really mentioned in the game...

Xbox Live: Trivun117
Steam: Trivun
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Trivun wrote:
Aura wrote:

That makes sense, though I always assumed that Hisao helped her out, personally. Being a H-scene he's clearly seen her fully or partially naked, after all, so it wouldn't be much of an issue xD

Apologies if this has already been answered in the thread so far, but is there a canon 'date' for the fire that scarred Hanako? And how does such a date tie in with her birthday? I ask only because I've had people discussing it in the thread for a Hanako POV retelling I've been writing, and some (myself not included) seem to think the fire may have happened on or around Hanako's birthday, but it's never really mentioned in the game...
I've never really thought about the date much, beyond the fact that it waswhen she was about 6.

I also had images of her being thrown out into the snow, which would make it about 6 months away from her summer birthday.

The reason her birthday factors in so heavily is that it is usually a time for a reflection on the past; something that isn't all that pleasant for Hanako.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
RichieBerry

Post by RichieBerry »

Aura wrote:
A Forum Member wrote:When one of the main girls appears in a path other than their own, would the writer of said girl have anything to do with the dialogue?
Varies, but at the very least the writer always checks that everything is okay. We all are competent enough to acceptably emulate each others' characters, but sometimes we asked for help from others. Kenji and Rin were traditionally the most challenging to "other" writers.
What about scenes that appear in two different paths (I'm thinking of the track meet scene, Emi at her Emiest, laurel branch and all that)? In that scene, Rin has most of the dialogue, so I could see you writing it, but the scene is arguablely more important for Emi (especially his internal monologues while watching her run, which defines her character as much as any scene). Was it fully collaborative, or more one person writing it with the other person saying what needs to be accomplished for his/her storyline?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

RichieBerry wrote:
Aura wrote:
A Forum Member wrote:When one of the main girls appears in a path other than their own, would the writer of said girl have anything to do with the dialogue?
Varies, but at the very least the writer always checks that everything is okay. We all are competent enough to acceptably emulate each others' characters, but sometimes we asked for help from others. Kenji and Rin were traditionally the most challenging to "other" writers.
What about scenes that appear in two different paths (I'm thinking of the track meet scene, Emi at her Emiest, laurel branch and all that)? In that scene, Rin has most of the dialogue, so I could see you writing it, but the scene is arguablely more important for Emi (especially his internal monologues while watching her run, which defines her character as much as any scene). Was it fully collaborative, or more one person writing it with the other person saying what needs to be accomplished for his/her storyline?
Most of Rin's dialog in the track meet was written by me, then tweaked by Aura. We started with just the one version and then added the differences (it's been a while so I don't remember what all the differences are). I'd say it was probably the most the two of us collaborated during the process in that this went beyond just checking each other's dialog.

Then again my memory is for shit so it could have gone completely differently.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

When Rin was trying to masturbate what was she using?