Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

tommo1982

Re: Ask!

Post by tommo1982 »

Suriko wrote:
tommo1982 wrote:Is the school they attend to a copy of a real place or was it created for the purpose of the story?
Yamaku is entirely fictional.
Hmm ... maybe I'm going off topic ... and showing signs of ignorance ... but do such places for disabled people, where they can come to terms with their condition and learn how to live the life or manage everyday routines, exits?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

tommo1982 wrote:
Suriko wrote:
tommo1982 wrote:Is the school they attend to a copy of a real place or was it created for the purpose of the story?
Yamaku is entirely fictional.
Hmm ... maybe I'm going off topic ... and showing signs of ignorance ... but do such places for disabled people, where they can come to terms with their condition and learn how to live the life or manage everyday routines, exits?
They do. There are schools (and other institutions) for disabled, and even schools specially for blind, or deaf people.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
REDD_HEDD

Post by REDD_HEDD »

Is anything planned for the 1 year anniversary of Katawa Shoujo being released? Some new art maybe? I dunno, any sort of recognition at all? Thanks in advance if i get an answer :D

Edit: just checked the blog, shoulda lurked moar. So i suppose ill ask this: any information on when these "announcements" Aura spoke of will be made? :P
"I think, in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am." -Rin

100% completion! :D

Lilly>Rin=Hanako>Misha>Emi>>>>>>Shizune
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

REDD_HEDD wrote:Edit: just checked the blog, shoulda lurked moar. So i suppose ill ask this: any information on when these "announcements" Aura spoke of will be made? :P
When they're ready to be made.
Mash0

Post by Mash0 »

REDD_HEDD wrote:Is anything planned for the 1 year anniversary of Katawa Shoujo being released? Some new art maybe? I dunno, any sort of recognition at all? Thanks in advance if i get an answer :D

Edit: just checked the blog, shoulda lurked moar. So i suppose ill ask this: any information on when these "announcements" Aura spoke of will be made? :P
so what u guy planning new games ? sequel? some info may shed the light...
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

Mash0 wrote:
REDD_HEDD wrote:Is anything planned for the 1 year anniversary of Katawa Shoujo being released? Some new art maybe? I dunno, any sort of recognition at all? Thanks in advance if i get an answer :D

so what u guy planning new games ? sequel? some info may shed the light...
From the FAQ (and stated on the page before):
Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
No further information will be released until such time that we decide to release it.
Mash0

Post by Mash0 »

Nothing new from 4LS uh? Aside from KS..
Yoh_Komori

Post by Yoh_Komori »

Mash0 wrote:Nothing new from 4LS uh? Aside from KS..
So we know they've effectively "finished" with KS, but new projects are possible.Crossovers perhaps, or maybe even a KS character somehow ending up with a cameo into another project?
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Drill Misha in Skullgirls? :D
Emergent

Post by Emergent »

Would you guys possibly be interested in having orchestral/chamber arrangements of some of the songs for a next project? I made four of these arrangements for KS up until now:
https://soundcloud.com/emergent-1/breat ... upload-for
https://soundcloud.com/emergent-1/raind ... upload-for
https://soundcloud.com/emergent-1/three-stars
https://soundcloud.com/emergent-1/concord-1
tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

Where did the idea for one of the song's name 'Wiosna' come from? I was utterly surprised to see a word from my language in this game. Is the creator Polish or Japanese?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Kyvos wrote:
tommo1982 wrote:Where did the idea for one of the song's name 'Wiosna' come from? I was utterly surprised to see a word from my language in this game. Is the creator Polish or Japanese?
If I recall correctly, most of them are American, but there's a few Europeans and Australians. The guy who did the music is Canadian, I believe.
Swap "American" and "Australians" and you'll be closer to the truth.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

misterprinny wrote:Where I live, it is New Year's Day. This is a question to each dev personally, what are your goals for the New Year in terms of 4LS or in their own lives?

Also, with that being said, in a few days (exactly 3 days where I live), it will be the first anniversary of Katawa Shoujo's release date. Again, to each dev personally, what are your thoughts now that the game has been out for almost a year?
Me?

I have a lot of non-dev related things happening. I've bought my new unit off the plan, so we move later in the year. I've just bought a new camera (Canon 6D, upgraded from my 7D) so I want to play with that some more.

And work work work.

Somewhere in there I will finish my second degree and hopefully finish at least one ebook.

As for KS being out for a year, I really don't know what to think. It's odd looking at parts of the game and knowing that I wrote it a good 4-5 years ago, and yet it still has an impact. I still get the occasional inspirational story via PM (there was one sent to the devs the other day) that just makes you go "Huh, I guess it was worthwhile working on that."
Still, I like knowing that I had a hand in the project, and that it has become this popular. Even to the most fame-adverse person, I'm sure that this kind of exposure has gotta make you go "wow".
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

The applications for hiring are appreciated, but we aren't currently looking at recruitment for the projects underway. If (big if) we do, we'll most likely open up a hiring subforum akin to what happened with KS so many years ago.

We'll give out more information as things get closer to completion.

Edit: Got confused between threads, but I guess this still applies here too.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

misterprinny wrote:Where I live, it is New Year's Day. This is a question to each dev personally, what are your goals for the New Year in terms of 4LS or in their own lives?

Also, with that being said, in a few days (exactly 3 days where I live), it will be the first anniversary of Katawa Shoujo's release date. Again, to each dev personally, what are your thoughts now that the game has been out for a year?
Every time I think about the fact that this is a thing I had a hand in I feel a mixture of pride and confusion. Pride, because a lot of people seem to like it, even the parts I wrote (sometimes especially the parts I wrote, and that's awesome. Confusion, because a lot of people seem to like it, even the parts I wrote (sometimes especially the parts I wrote).

A few weeks (actually it's probably months at this point, my sense of time is long gone) ago I actually played through Emi's path for the first time ever (all previous interaction had involved skipping around scenes, which is a thing you get to do when you are a dev. It's the best). I actually didn't hate it! After so long spent only looking at the stuff that needed to be re-written and didn't come out like I wanted it to (so like the whole path, really) during development, I never wanted to play the full thing again. Thank a combination of boredom and cheap booze for showing me the error of my ways. So these days it's a little more pride than confusion that it's had such an impact.

As far as goals for the new year go, I've got to get off my lazy ass and make a blog of some kind so I can announce my next project. Which, come to think of it, still needs an artist.

EDIT: That didn't take long.