Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dudester567

Re: Ask!

Post by dudester567 »

What was the hardest part of creating the game?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

dudester567 wrote:What was the hardest part of creating the game?
Not being able to reach through the screen and make a spirited attempt to strangle some of my fellow devs. :?
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Derp

Post by Derp »

Was there a conscious reason that Rin tells Hisao that she loves him but Hisao never tells her back? Or was that the point of the kiss?
This question is actually what has been annoying me most since playing through four of the routes. :P

Post by Guest »

Silentcook wrote:
dudester567 wrote:What was the hardest part of creating the game?
Not being able to reach through the screen and make a spirited attempt to strangle some of my fellow devs. :?
Did you want to strangle the person who wrote Emi's route.

Because I do.
NeonAmber

Post by NeonAmber »

You mentioned that the Hanako's path was a deliberate deconstruction of the typical way those sort of characters are handled. Was this the primary motivator for the story? Was a desire to create a more realistic (specifically in the handling of the "shy girl") story a factor? The other way around (the desire to create a realistic story lead to the deconstruction)? Or was that not even a factor? I ask because the way her feelings were expressed and influenced suggested a more than casual understanding of psychology.
Aster Selene

Post by Aster Selene »

What do they sell at the Aura Mart?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Aster Selene wrote:What do they sell at the Aura Mart?
Normal convenience store items. It's just the same as any other Japanese convenience store.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Aster Selene wrote:What do they sell at the Aura Mart?
Katawa Shoujo devs, I think.

1. Was it difficult to come up with different stuff for Kenji to do in each route?
2. Were any sideways references to fan memes intentionally put into any of the routes?
leppiesamma

Post by leppiesamma »

When it comes to the music in the game, how much of a split in tracks was it between the 2 composers? Did Blue123 have much input or not.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Speaking of music, I've always been really interested in soundtracks, so I'd like to ask: What was the process for writing music for Katawa Shoujo? Did you ask the people in charge of the music "We need a track for this character/setting/mood, could you write us something?" Or did they see what you had written and then get inspired from that and write things on their own? Was it both of these? How exactly did you decide which tracks needed to be reworked and which didn't? On a more specific note, how did you end up choosing the Bach piece for the music box in Lilly's route?

Post by Guest »

Were time constraints what kept you from making an Emi/Emi's mother route with an incestuous threesome ending?
whoyou

Post by whoyou »

Since I see Suriko in the thread, a question:

I love the work you did in KS, and I know 4ls will not be whole/together again, but I was wondering if you enjoyed the project enough to think about working on something else?
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

What are the ages of the oldest and youngest developers at time of release?
Question

Post by Question »

So, I browsed this whole question thread, and it seems there isn't a clear answer whether Emi was a virgin before Hisao or not.

Could I please know whether she was or not? The answer, "Why does it matter?" doesn't really satisfy my curiousity.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants to know this, as there are tons of 4chan threads, facepunch threads, and other threads on this forum wondering whether Emi was a virgin or not.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Suriko wrote:
mildwonkey wrote:A couple of questions:

2) As devs, I assume that you are planning to, or already, have professions in the field of computer programming, etc. Is KS something that you plan to include on your personal resumes moving forward through your careers given is does have legit dev/coding merit, or is this something you will simply keep on your personal trophy shelf (perhaps on account of its content)?
Both are wrong assumptions.

No developers are professional programmers. That aside, none of us (at least as far as I'm aware) will be putting KS on our resumes. The content bars that.
The first part of Suriko's answer is true; I'm certinaly not a programmer.

However, I have referenced KS in general terms when going into meetings as a demonstration of an internet based team and so on and so forth. Should any further parts of my career call for a similar reference, I'm not overly afraid to use KS.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money