Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Bluecoolman wrote:I REALLY want a physical copy of the artbooks. Will they ever be on sale, Or possibly brought to another convention?
Possible, but not very likely for now.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Polartec239 wrote:Wondering here if you have any plans for the future. Katawa Shoujo had such great visuals and a captivating storyline, and many of us would love to see more work released. Perhaps a sequel, perhaps Katawa could be released commercially?

Any info you could give us?
If we do other projects, they won't have anything to do with KS. For now we're done with this setting.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Pseudogenesis wrote:So I started reading Catcher in the Rye the other day. Wasn't surprised when I heard "My parents would've practically had 2 hemorrhages a piece if they found out" because I'd read that it was there on the KS TVTropes article... but then I was introduced to Ackley.

So Kenji is Ackley. Be honest.
No. Kenji draws on similar archetypes than him and many other characters, but he's not directly modeled after anyone.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Another boring merchandise question. Sorry.

I was thinking of using Zazzle to create a mousepad out of this image - however, from what I've read in this thread, I believe that this would not be allowed due to the rather prominent KS logo right in the middle of it. Is this correct?
Doing small-scale stuff for yourself only is generally fine by us - note however that I can't speak for the artist of the image.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

As anyone now knows, Yamaku is a school for people with physical defects and not mental/psychological ones. However Kenji appears to be more than a little paranoid and possibly schizophrenic as well.
Does this mean that he actually cheated the system, as he often brags about?
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Woody Alien wrote:As anyone now knows, Yamaku is a school for people with physical defects and not mental/psychological ones. However Kenji appears to be more than a little paranoid and possibly schizophrenic as well.
Does this mean that he actually cheated the system, as he often brags about?

Yes. He's smart enough to fool psychologists into thinking that he's "fine".
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

Heh, mine was a half-joke question, don't be upset about it :)

I have another one: when Kenji refers to Iwanako as "rock-fish-kid chick", what does it mean? Is this a play on words on the pronounciation of her name or something?
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Woody Alien wrote:Heh, mine was a half-joke question, don't be upset about it :)

I have another one: when Kenji refers to Iwanako as "rock-fish-kid chick", what does it mean? Is this a play on words on the pronounciation of her name or something?
"Iwanako" is the bastardization of a Polish name of a friend of mine.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Woody Alien wrote:Heh, mine was a half-joke question, don't be upset about it :)

岩魚子, 岩=rock, 魚=fish and 子=child.

crud covered the origins of the name, so the less said about that the better...
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

XxSaberxX

Post by XxSaberxX »

I bet this has been asked before, but I really have to do it - Will there be a KS 2.........????
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

So, who's the girl in the white dress holding the umbrella in the CG of Hisao, Shizune and Misha holding hands?

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

A random bypasser.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Josh_Mac

Post by Josh_Mac »

Is there any way to view the script.rpy file for KS? I've been messing about with Ren'Py, and I'm curious as to how a number of KS' effects were pulled off, such as some of the screen effects and background things, like where the scene fills with the list of Hisao's medications. If it's not possible I understand, but it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Question for the writers:

I was wondering, did you write an entire branch from beginning to end (a main branch) and subsequently wrote the other branches based on that first branch? Or did you write all branches simultaneously?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Reksho wrote:Question for the writers:

I was wondering, did you write an entire branch from beginning to end (a main branch) and subsequently wrote the other branches based on that first branch? Or did you write all branches simultaneously?
I myself plotted out the good/bad branches beforehand, and then wrote them all at once--big ol' scenes with a bunch of notes denoting what went where depending on previous action. Someone else (probably Delta?) would then go through and add all the actual code-bits that split them into sub-scenes.

I think the last thing I wrote was actually the conversation with Misha, because it was decided that as things were it was too easy to fuck up and miss out on the good end (and once that was written I had to go fiddle with the bad end and make it a not-so-bad end instead).