Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Re: Ask!

Post by TheHivemind »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Did each of you find yourselves drifting towards one character in particular during development, as so many of us had? (This is obviously directed more at the writers than anyone else, really) Is it strange or natural to like some of your characters more than others, or do you simply love them all equally in what they were meant to convey?
I think I've said this somewhere else, but in early development (like, old board development) I was really interested in doing Rin's path. I didn't wind up doing it though (obviously) and wrote Emi's path instead.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I think it'd be impossible to not have likes and dislikes and still be human. Anyway yeah, I did.

Then again, I'm a ruthless bastard whose job description was "have at the script with an axe", so that didn't really affect me much one way or the other...
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Were any of the devs on the team women? Just curious.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

'nother question from going over the script with a fine-toothed comb:

In his first conversation with Lilly, it's implied (rather heavily) that Hisao's previous school had mandatory club membership. Was there any discussion on what club he used to belong to?
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

ProfAllister wrote:'nother question from going over the script with a fine-toothed comb:

In his first conversation with Lilly, it's implied (rather heavily) that Hisao's previous school had mandatory club membership. Was there any discussion on what club he used to belong to?
I'm pretty sure it says somewhere that he was in the soccer club.

If not, then he was in the soccer club.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Were any of the devs on the team women? Just curious.
Sure. We have 5 female members.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Tununias

Post by Tununias »

From the research I did, the shrug is virtually none existent in eastern culture. How is this translated into eastern languages like Japanese and Chinese? When Rin shrugs, is this changed to something else or is it left the way it is assuming that they have a basic understanding of western culture like we do of eastern?
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Is there any persistent fan misconception about KS or the devs that you wish would (pardon the expression, Hanako fans) die in a fire?
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ProfAllister wrote:Is there any persistent fan misconception about KS or the devs that you wish would (pardon the expression, Hanako fans) die in a fire?
Well, we aren't generally the sort to get too bothered, but there's some things that come into mind. We used to correct the misconception that KS is a "4chan project" a lot, but I rarely see that anymore. Post-release, at least that 4LS has somehow split or disbanded (unfortunately spread by a blog post) is something that I've had to correct multiple times, as well as a large number of rumours about 4LS's internal relationships ("KS devs all hate each other"). I have the feeling that there's other stuff too, but nothing so blatantly wrong or important that it would've annoyed me too much.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Well, I'm gonna ask a bit disgusting and annoying yet realistic question now, then.

Ermm, how does Rin clean her butt after the toilet?

Post by Guest »

Hello. I've finished playing the game now. Thank you for the wonderful experience.
Here are some questions I feel compelled to ask about the production of this fascinating game.

In Emi's route, if you 'misstep' while visiting her house, is there a reason she grins sadistically? This one frame seems out of place while the rest of the game seems to interlock perfectly. It's almost like you wanted to use a different frame of Emi gritting her teeth and didn't have one - is this the case?

In Rin's route, is there any way to avoid blowing up in anger at Rin? Or is it simply destined to happen?

Is it possible to die from your heart condition at any time in the game? I understand it is possible to fall off a roof.

Are there any scenes in this game which are not listed as in the game until you discover them? I could have sworn I had seen all of Act 1 - and then, I stumbled across new scenes in it. I mean specifically 'Nc5xb3'. Are there other secrets?

How can you view the credits without clearing a route?

Does Rin shave, or is it natural? And if she does, HOW?

Why does Misha not play Risk? Risk with only 2 players is very boring.
random

Post by random »

This question is for cpl_crud

Have you read (at least, made aware of) Brogurt's fanfic Mendacium?

Short summary: Post Good End Hanako cheats on Hisao

What are your thoughts on that?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

random wrote:This question is for cpl_crud

Have you read (at least, made aware of) Brogurt's fanfic Mendacium?

Short summary: Post Good End Hanako cheats on Hisao

What are your thoughts on that?
Honesty I haven't, but I will put it on my reading list.

If you look up the interview I did with Shintai123 on YouTube you'll hear my standee on dan fiction... But give me a but to read this one.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
PewPewK

Post by PewPewK »

Maybe not the best place to ask, but I'll give it a shot. According to the Kickstarter page for the art book, it says that after the convention and all online orders are taken into account that you'll sell the remaining books online. Now that AX is over, any indication on how many books are left and when they might go on sale? I really wanna get my hands on one. Where would I best look out for news regarding this?
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I always have more questions that when I end up on the question thread. Oh well, I guess you'll see me popping up every now and then with a question or two.

Anyway, this is a question specifically for those who composed the soundtrack, which was absolutely stellar by the way. So atmospheric and descriptive, probably one of the best OSTs I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. My question was: A lot of the songs are listed as having multiple contributing composers. How was it working with others on the same songs? Did they bring different things to the table?
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"