Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Ciclo wrote:After reading an earlier post, a question had sprouted in my mind. Since you guys had to play through the game so many times during testing, did you ever get sick of playing it? Were you ever genuinely bored of the game during its testing period?
I wouldn't say bored, but I certainly sometimes got sick of going over the script over and over throughout the development.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

turbulentDuvet wrote:Would it be possibleto get a sticky post somewhere with links to other works from the 4LS team? Or possibly other projects that they are working on apart from 4LS?
The blog frontpage has links to our two other VNs, I'll consider putting some sort of consolidated "follow 4LS devs" thing somewhere, though we kind of dislike stalkers (as we call our fans <3 )
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Bi-Polar Hernandez

Post by Bi-Polar Hernandez »

TheHivemind wrote:
Cossack Commissar wrote:Hello, i'm new to the forums, but i'd like to ask: Has KS had any resounding effect on the developers'/creators' lives? I know it hasn't had much of a positive financial effect (as it's free for download), but has it in any other way?
It has made me depressed, because I will now forever be associated with lemon-scented lube.

Wasn't it lemon-flavored?
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Bi-Polar Hernandez wrote:...

Yes.

Actually it might've been both.

...er, Hivemind, was there any particular reason for you choosing lemons, specifically?
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Bi-Polar Hernandez wrote:...

Yes.

Actually it might've been both.

...er, Hivemind, was there any particular reason for you choosing lemons, specifically?
You'll have to ask Silentcook. I didn't ever say it was lemon, m'self.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

TheHivemind wrote:You'll have to ask Silentcook. I didn't ever say it was lemon, m'self.
Ah, well then.
Mysterious Stranger wrote:...er, Silentcook, was there any particular reason for you choosing lemons, specifically?
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Well, if you insist on knowing...

Originally Hive had written the Infamous Lube as K-Y jelly. It was not a good idea to have that in KS since it would have invoked a brand name, which is something to be avoided if at all possible, plus a probable reality check failure.

Therefore, the change to the innocuously-generic "personal lubricant". But I found that a little lacking. By itself it was, well... boring. What to do?

Enter the "what the Hell, why not" moment.

I wasn't inspired by that link, I had known of the implications of the word for a long time. The rest, as they say, is history. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

themocaw

Post by themocaw »

So. . . who was the artist for that infamous scene, and how do they feel about "Emi's anal face" going memetic?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Silentcook wrote:Well, if you insist on knowing...

Originally Hive had written the Infamous Lube as K-Y jelly. It was not a good idea to have that in KS since it would have invoked a brand name, which is something to be avoided if at all possible, plus a probable reality check failure.

Therefore, the change to the innocuously-generic "personal lubricant". But I found that a little lacking. By itself it was, well... boring. What to do?

Enter the "what the Hell, why not" moment.

I wasn't inspired by that link, I had known of the implications of the word for a long time. The rest, as they say, is history. :mrgreen:
Really?

Man I completely was unaware of this. WE ALL LEARNED SOMETHING NEW TODAY, GUYS.
asdf12452

Post by asdf12452 »

I always thought Lemon is a reference to the Lemon party. :roll:

Though, is there any reference you think most people missed? Or any interesting easter eggs?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Eh, there are tons of little things that have some greater or lesser obscure meaning. But yeah, explaining the joke spoils the joke so I'm not going to do that.

Sorry if this disappoints, but if life gives you lemons, you obviously do anal. :3
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Hadokant

Post by Hadokant »

My apoligies if this question got answered already but is there a way to see cpl_cruds other stroies that he has made. I heard about them but i can't find them
"Being Human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless, and finding happiness in a world that hates it"
-Tenmyouji
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Hadokant wrote:My apoligies if this question got answered already but is there a way to see cpl_cruds other stroies that he has made. I heard about them but i can't find them
Look for a post I've written and click the "wordpress" link.

Most people seem to fi nd it with google.

You could also check out the Fan Fiction forum here. There are some in there.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Erthel

Post by Erthel »

I was wondering that people on these forums have been discussing every bit of information from the scripts, getting interesting conclusions about the characters and paths, some very coherent and meditated, some crazy and absrud. Here is a recent example about Lilly's path (mostly in the answers): http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6382

My question is, how much of those conclusions were actually meditated thoughts of the authors, and wich others came on intuitively, without a thought?

PS: I'll reformulate the question so it can be actually answered:

Have you found any idea or conclusion reading on the forums about your script that was not initially thought to be in but fits perfectly and probably came in intuitively? Wich? Did it surprise you like "Oh, I did not thought about that!"?

Or everything was planned and all those ideas were conciounsly in the initial intentions of the authors?

I won't ask about what we have not catch yet, that is to be found in the game.

Excuse if my english sounds a bit rough.
klitnov

Post by klitnov »

Are there any unused sprites?