Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Re: Ask!

Post by Suriko »

Hidan wrote:Looking back, I see that Misha has two different hair colors which are her actual hair colors. In Shizune's route when Misha confesses, we see a small shot of her past, and her hair looks obviously blond. However when Akira shows Hisao the photo from one of the previous carnivals, Misha's hairs is most definitely brunette. Which one is her real and accurate hair color?
Misha's a natural brunette. The confession scene had her hair illuminated by the sun (with artistic license taken).
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

GamerJM wrote:I apologize if this has already been answered in the blog or something, but by the time the Act 1 demo released, did you guys have a rough idea where you were going with each character or not?
Very definitely, yes. Pretty much all of the first drafts were done by the time Act 1 released.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

McBaggin wrote:Who was the most critical during the game's development?
Almost impossible to say, honestly. A lot of stuff we went through with a harsh eye, although to be honest there's a lot of stuff that we considered problematic (or some of us considered problematic) which remained in the end because sometimes going back to fix or address a storytelling concern was too much work for too little of a payoff. I mean there were a few times where we'd go over a list of problems we had with a scenario and realize that basically, we just wanted to rewrite the whole damn thing and start over from scratch. But that only happened a few times.

Er, so to answer your question everyone was pretty damn critical.
Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo »

How difficult was communicating between all of the collaborators?

And how did you resolve any problems with it?
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Hi Suriko,

Firstly, I have to say you did an awesome job with Lily's story, and Hanako's seems to be just as good, since I'm still playing it now. Amazing piece of work with the writing, you are brilliant.

I have to ask though, in Lilly's route, when they met Kenji outside and when he fell, he took Lilly down with him. When he got up, why was she so angry and pounded the ground and yell dammit? I didn't get that part when it happened. Sorry, I may be a little slow and not get it, but it doesn't seem like her to lose it over something so small. I don't know if it had to do with her blindness, but I didn't think it did. If you could clear this up for it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, awesome story. I wish all of you would write more, such amazing talent.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Guest wrote:I absolutely love the soundtrack, and being a musician myself I enjoy playing it too. Would there be any way of acquiring a set of parts or score for pieces like Red Velvet?
This thread has a ton of piano sheet music throughout, I'd suggest taking a look. Coincidentally I also uploaded the original score for Red Velvet for someone else in that thread, so you'll find it there.
HeavenCS

Post by HeavenCS »

Nicol, I absolutely love your work. Are you up for taking commissions?
HeavenCS

Post by HeavenCS »

I was also wondering about the possibility of the release or development of a mobile version of KS for Android and iOS? I would pay top dollar for that.
Drakelord

Post by Drakelord »

Aura wrote:
Guest wrote:This might well be a contender for the title of dumbest question of the thread, so I won't be offended if it's left unanswered. Anyway, since Lilly is blind and she told Hisao having sex with him was her first time. how could she have known about the finer details of the lower region of the male reproductive anatomy? Just by reading braille books? Or maybe through an anatomical manikin? I would imagine that as a teenager she'd be interested in learing about those kind of things, much as a seeing person would be.
Akira has told her *everything* about dicks she has to know. Such a good big sister, she is.

Where's the yuri scene between the two of them then?
xaolindragon

Post by xaolindragon »

I remember a dev mentioning that Shizune is also a mute. That in addition to her being deaf, she cannot produce sounds from her vocal cords.

First I want to verify if that's correct.

Second, if it is the case (that she's both deaf and mute), then why has Jigoro insisted on finding Shizune tutors to get her to be able to talk when she was younger?

Post by Guest »

What are the themes for each of the girls? A lot of the songs show up repeatedly in each of the routes so I'm kind of confused about which songs are associated with who.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I see this brought up far too often and I'd like to hear what the devs have to say on it. In Hanako's ending CG, the camera zooms out to show two muffins in a bakery window. Some say that this represents a "bun in the oven" for Hanako: that the condom was ineffective and she had become pregnant. Is this imagery intentional? If not, what purpose did it serve?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Brogurt wrote:I see this brought up far too often and I'd like to hear what the devs have to say on it. In Hanako's ending CG, the camera zooms out to show two muffins in a bakery window. Some say that this represents a "bun in the oven" for Hanako: that the condom was ineffective and she had become pregnant. Is this imagery intentional? If not, what purpose did it serve?
She is not pregnant. In an earlier draft she did end up with a bun in the oven, but not this time.

The muffin ending was meant to symbolise a return to a more "normal" lifestyle for Hanako; the simple pleasures were enough for her.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money

Post by Guest »

A question for Aura (not strictly related to KS though): how did you get to the point where you can write a story that is thousands of words long in a foreign language, and write it better than a lot of native speakers could do?
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

Have you guys ever or will consider releasing a detail map of how Yamaku Academy looks?