Sharp-O's One-Shots! "A Matter of Memory" 05/01/24

WORDS WORDS WORDS

swampie2

Re: Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Ascalon" - 19/7/15 Update

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:Ascalon
I had to listen to my happy playlist while I read that first part. :(

Kübler-Ross - Never knew it was called this, you learn something new every day!

"...what it would cost my Mum to ship me Crunchy Nut Cornflakes every month." - I can imagine they'd have these in Japan, no?

“Good morning, Molly!” - Something's fishy...

"Ghuṇḍī sira" - I couldn't get that to translate, what does it mean?

"What about Hanakio?” ROLL CREDI- wait.

God damn that "drawing" is good, great job on that!

"you bloody yandere…" Hmmmmmm :wink:

As always, fantastic chapter!
One Shots - My stories thread.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

"...what it would cost my Mum to ship me Crunchy Nut Cornflakes every month." - I can imagine they'd have these in Japan, no?
Possible but not likely - especially not in a small-town conbini like the one they have to do their shpping in.
You can get some international brands in Japan (Kit Kat of course, and a few of the more common brands of Haribo etc.) but mostly they are very expensive and you won't get them everywhere.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

swampie2 wrote:
Sharp-O wrote:Ascalon
I had to listen to my happy playlist while I read that first part. :(
The recent anniversary gave me the idea for Molly to be one of the victims. I did have a whole tragic backstory planned but then I realised that She'd have to be in the school by the time Hisao showed up so I expedited it a little, having her transfer in around the same time Hisao did but in 2006.
swampie2 wrote:Kübler-Ross - Never knew it was called this, you learn something new every day!
I'm a legitimate source of edutainment ;)
swampie2 wrote:"...what it would cost my Mum to ship me Crunchy Nut Cornflakes every month." - I can imagine they'd have these in Japan, no?
Mirage_GSM wrote:Possible but not likely - especially not in a small-town conbini like the one they have to do their shpping in.
You can get some international brands in Japan (Kit Kat of course, and a few of the more common brands of Haribo etc.) but mostly they are very expensive and you won't get them everywhere.
I read that a lot of Japanese cereals are flake-based so it's conceivable that they do, hence why I wrote that she's glad they do sell the kind she likes or the nearest facsimile :)
swampie2 wrote:“Good morning, Molly!” - Something's fishy...
How so?
swampie2 wrote:"Ghuṇḍī sira" - I couldn't get that to translate, what does it mean?
According to google translate, this is the Hindi for "knob head". If anyone can find a better translation, I'll gladly use it :lol:
swampie2 wrote:God damn that "drawing" is good, great job on that!
Gotta use the college education for something :roll:
swampie2 wrote:"you bloody yandere…" Hmmmmmm :wink:
:wink:

Thanks for reading, guys!
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:
swampie2 wrote:“Good morning, Molly!” - Something's fishy...
How so?

I thought Molly hated Emi in this story? Or am I getting mixed up? :oops:
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:You're thinking of Feurox's Gravity, mate :P
That's right. :oops:

My deepest apologies.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Love all these little stories in this universe. Not really a whole lot to add outside of that I enjoyed this. Also, more Hanakio(which is now the in-universe term which is awesome) is always a good thing, so that's automatic bonus points.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:Love all these little stories in this universe. Not really a whole lot to add outside of that I enjoyed this. Also, more Hanakio(which is now the in-universe term which is awesome) is always a good thing, so that's automatic bonus points.
Thanks, Anton! I agree, I think I have more fun with the ancillary characters now more than the main story. There'll be plenty more to come to. I have ideas for Ritsu, more Miki, maybe some Suzu (she hasn't had much play so far and I feel bad about that) and, of course, lots more Hanakio. 8)
Sharp-O

Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Foregone Conclusion" - 20/7/15 Update

Post by Sharp-O »

Author's Note: I don't know if there's an actual name for the guy who replaced Lelouch Lamperouge but I figured I'd give him one that's fitting. Enjoy!

Foregone Conclusion

I guess I should introduce myself to the new guy. Not like I have anyone else to talk to. The classroom is all but empty except for myself, Miss Ikezawa and the latest addition to Class 3-3, Hisao Nakai.

I rise and Miss Ikezawa visibly shrinks, quietly slinking out of the room once I pass her. I wish she wouldn’t do that… She’s the only one who even notices me but she’s just as shy with me as she is with everyone else. It sucks.

I make my way over to Hisao, completely consumed by his book.

“Hello, my name's Shin Kyokan. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” I bow politely.

“Huh? Oh, hi. I’m Hisao Nakai. You, um, may as well call me Hisao.” He smiles a little nervously and extends his hand. I take his hand just as nervously.

He noticed me. Oh dear. That’s not good. That’s not good at all.

“Sorry if I spooked you, Hisao.” I chuckle nervously. “I hope you’ll enjoy your time here.”

“It’s… It’s been interesting so far…” He admits with a small amount of grim acceptance and guilt in his voice.

“Well, our classmates are nothing if not welcoming.” Mostly. “I’m sure you’ll be the butt of more than a few rumours by the end of the week.” I laugh and he grimaces.

“Gossip runs rampant here, I take it?”

“If the Newspaper Club has anything to do with it. They love a scandal.” I nod with resignation. I’ve been the subject of a few myself. Purely innocent on my part but when weird things happen, I’m usually the first guy for the noose.

I notice Hisao eyeing me up and I spread my arms wide to allow him a better look.

“It’s not obvious, is it?” I ask, knowing full well he won’t find a scratch on me.

“S-sorry, I didn’t mean to stare. I-I just thought, since there’s nothing… Y’know… That you might be like me…” Hisao admits with a twang of guilt. Poor guy. His condition must be new.

“I certainly hope not, my friend. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy.” I admit, a little more glib than usual to put Hisao at ease.

“I…” He breathes deep, preparing himself. “I have arrhythmia. I had a heart attack not too long ago.”

“Tragic. You have my sympathies, Hisao.” I smile warmly and he nods before looking at me.

“Oh! I guess it’s show and tell.” I smirk and he avoids my eyes, insisting that I don’t have to tell him. I can, I just need the right words so I don’t frighten him like I did with poor Miss Ikezawa.

“I have… Corporeal Absentia.” I chuckle and he furrows his brow. “I won’t bore you with the details but I’m… not all here, shall I say.”

“I’ve never heard of that before. Then again, I’d never heard of arrhythmia before my attack so what do I know?” A little self-deprecating humour, good thing to have here.

“Hopefully I’ll have the chance to tell you about it someday. For now, shouldn’t we be out enjoying our youth? It’s Saturday, after all.” I smile and his eyes go wide.

“Oh crap, I just remembered I was meant to meet the Student Council!” He jolts up right and stuffs his book in his bag.

“I wouldn’t keep them waiting. Shizune might be cute on the outside but she can be quite the taskmistress.” I smile and he laughs, no doubt knowing that first-hand.

“It was nice to meet you, Shin! I’ll see you soon!” He calls as he bolts out the door and I am left alone once more.

“I hope so, my friend.” I whisper as I walk towards the door. I step over the threshold and my masquerade evaporates into thin air. I turn to look at the classroom before continuing through the hall. I don’t know why I only manifest in this room or why only those visited by the Reaper can interact with me but when you’re a ghost, mystery is foregone conclusion.
Last edited by Sharp-O on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
swampie2

Re: Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Foregone Conclusion" - 20/7/15 Upd

Post by swampie2 »

Corporeal Absentia...

Cannot find a thing about it. I suppose i'm just as in suspense as Hisao is.

Does this take place in the same universe as Monomyth?

Either way, it was a nice little piece. Written very differently, that's good given we're seeing the world through a different characters eyes.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

swampie2 wrote:Corporeal Absentia...

Cannot find a thing about it. I suppose i'm just as in suspense as Hisao is.
"Without a body", essentially. Made it up on the spot for Shin's... unique condition.
swampie2 wrote:Does this take place in the same universe as Monomyth?

Either way, it was a nice little piece. Written very differently, that's good given we're seeing the world through a different characters eyes.
No, this is a true stand-alone but boy do I wish I could use this in Monomyth haha
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:"Without a body", essentially. Made it up on the spot for Shin's... unique condition.
Ahh, I see, looking forward to how this pans out.
Sharp-O wrote:No, this is a true stand-alone but boy do I wish I could use this in Monomyth haha.
Nice to see you branching it, wouldn't want you to be stuck in one universe forever. :mrgreen:
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

swampie2 wrote:
Sharp-O wrote:"Without a body", essentially. Made it up on the spot for Shin's... unique condition.
It might be an interesting concept to continue but I don't know how much staying it has or what else I could do with it. Thought it was a neat dea for a character that no doubt has NOTHING to him.
Last edited by Sharp-O on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:
swampie2 wrote:
It might be an interesting concept to continue but I don't know how much staying it has or what else I could do with it. Thought it was a neat dea for a charter that no doubt has NOTHING to him.
Perhaps keep it as a side project? Like I am using writings of a mad man and earbuddies, just write it when you feel like it. :P